Wanna see the new GT350R hot lap and run down a Viper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cv4r7.jpg

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^This is what I'd like to know. I've got a 370z and it's pretty dang fun. Not the fastest car out there, for sure, but the GT-R is my current dream. I still remember when it first came out and they took it to Germany to run the Nurburgring and it set a new record. Of course, that has been eclipsed now, but the GT-R Nismo is still up there in 4th or 5th place, outpaced only by some ridiculous cars that cost 5-10x more than it does, like the Lambo Aventador ($500k), the Porsche 918 (almost $900k) and the not-for-the-street $160k Radical SR8 and SR8LM.

I want a GT-R so bad I can taste it. If I win the lotto, that's what I'm buying. :D

<edit> Of course, a big oval and something like the Nurburgring are apples and oranges.

I was running the infield course, not the oval.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would stay away from the Lexus. It looks like it has performance potential, but it has nasty understeer and mediocre braking.

I'll second that. The lexus sport/luxury car I have now and the GS-F both sacrifice a bit of performance to retain the luxury and comfort. If I was going to buy a car for absolute performance, it wouldn't be a GS-F. However, I think they LOOK bad to the bone.

71buickfreak, you ever get a chance to try out the Chevrolet SS. I want one of those so bad. The coolest sleeper car on the road, IMHO.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you 71 for the post, awesome awesome awesome. I will be waiting for the article...

^^^^This is what I'd like to know. I've got a 370z and it's pretty dang fun. Not the fastest car out there, for sure, but the GT-R is my current dream. I still remember when it first came out and they took it to Germany to run the Nurburgring and it set a new record. Of course, that has been eclipsed now, but the GT-R Nismo is still up there in 4th or 5th place, outpaced only by some ridiculous cars that cost 5-10x more than it does, like the Lambo Aventador ($500k), the Porsche 918 (almost $900k) and the not-for-the-street $160k Radical SR8 and SR8LM.

I want a GT-R so bad I can taste it. If I win the lotto, that's what I'm buying. :D

<edit> Of course, a big oval and something like the Nurburgring are apples and oranges.

^^^Im with you. I am a GT car fanatic. My current love is for the GT-R and has been for awhile now. I currently own just one RWD Japanese hotrod w/I6 right now, a 98' Supra,twin turbo but have had several others- just recently sold my Infinity G35(Z cars cousin, GT-R wannabes) w/V6&turbo this past fall and sold my other 2 Supras and another G35- one with single turbo the other 2 were n.a.. I have nothing against American hotrods at all, I love them- over the years Ive had my share of many Camaros and Vettes, a 79' Trans Am w/6.6l, a 70' Firebird, and even a few Mustangs- 66', 69', 94', 96', 98' Cobra, heavily modded 02' and 04' GTs, etc. I have loved all of them. But the last 17 years or so even when I have always had at least one American sports car in my drive I have preferred to drive my RWD Japanese hotrods. Theyre easy to work on and mod, fast enough for my tastes, and they handle like God loves them that way. I can afford most any anthing I want, I usually prefer to buy older vehicles that I will then put a bunch of money into and transform into something, but I am looking for the first time in my adult life at buying a brand new car (I bought a brand new Blazer K5 in 88' and it has been my only brand new vehicle ever) and it will be either the new upcoming 18' Supra or a GT-R.

Last edited:

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll second that. The lexus sport/luxury car I have now and the GS-F both sacrifice a bit of performance to retain the luxury and comfort. If I was going to buy a car for absolute performance, it wouldn't be a GS-F. However, I think they LOOK bad to the bone.

71buickfreak, you ever get a chance to try out the Chevrolet SS. I want one of those so bad. The coolest sleeper car on the road, IMHO.

I had an SS press car last year. It is absolutely a bad ass car. Problem is, it looks like a grandma car. I like sleepers, but it is TOO sleepy for me. I like how it drives, it is fun as hell, but I would take an ATS-V any day and twice on sunday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom