War Veteran Arrested for “Rudely Displaying” Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is my understanding that it is perfectly legal to open carry a rifle in Texas. If that's true, those cops are ignorant, PC-loving douchebags. YMMV.

thegomezclan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to live in Lubbock and when I took the class for my concealed carry permit the subject of open carry of rifles was brought up. The instructor of the class who was also on the Lubbock PD said that it was legal but if you carried one in Lubbock they would arrest you for disturbing the piece.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to live in Lubbock and when I took the class for my concealed carry permit the subject of open carry of rifles was brought up. The instructor of the class who was also on the Lubbock PD said that it was legal but if you carried one in Lubbock they would arrest you for disturbing the piece.

You should have said "And then I'll get rich suing the PD" just to see how he reacted.

disturbing the peace

n. upsetting the quiet and good order particularly through loud noise, by fighting or other unsocial behavior which frightens or upsets people.

(Wikipedia)
Disturbing the peace is a crime generally defined as the unsettling of proper order in a public space through one's actions. This can include creating loud noise by fighting or challenging to fight, disturbing others by loud and unreasonable noise (including loud music), or using offensive words.

That said, there has apparently been some friction in Temple between Active Duty military and the local constabulary. This may be some carryover. We'll need to know more details.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should have said "And then I'll get rich suing the PD" just to see how he reacted.

That said, there has apparently been some friction in Temple between Active Duty military and the local constabulary. This may be some carryover. We'll need to know more details.

This isn't the 1st fracas between them. Temple lost a previous round against a soldier. Were I the base commander, I think I'd restrict everyone to the base for oh, say about two weeks. Two weeks worth of deserted Temple businesses should just about do the trick. :)

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Contempt of Cop is a serious offense.

I love it when the only charge is resisting arrest. What arrest am I resisting if the only arrest is for resisting?? If there's nothing to arrest me for then your dang right I'm going to resist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom