Warren Theater in Moore recently posted no guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glocks and roses

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just noticed them today as well. They are inside the double doors (on the second set of doors) - fairly large white signs.

I've already sent feedback via their website to both the Moore location and the corporate office expressing my disappointment in their decision. I highly encourage everyone else to do the same - if enough people complain, maybe they'll come down. I am willing to share my letter that I wrote with anyone here if you don't feel like writing your own - see below and feel free to copy and reuse.

I recently visited your Moore location. However, it is unfortunate that I will not give your
business my patronage. Let me explain why. As I approached the doors to your business I was
greeted by a posted sign that bans firearms in your theater. I am a Concealed
Carry Permit holder, meaning that I am a verified law-abiding citizen. I have submitted
fingerprints and passed extensive background checks as well as successfully completed
firearms training and safety classes, meaning that I know proper and safe weapons handling
and all relevant state laws pertaining to the carry and use of firearms. I am clearly a
law-abiding citizen and have made the conscious decision to both protect myself and exercise
our 2nd Amendment Constitutional rights.

By prohibiting all weapons, you have disarmed and made helpless anyone who enters your theater
— except for criminals, who won’t follow your policy anyway. In essence, you’ve made your
theater more dangerous for patrons who carry legally...and safer for criminals. If a true
emergency situation were to arise, I would not be comfortable trusting my life to your
employees.

Please consider changing your policy. You have chosen to ban firearms in your theater and
violate a Constitutional right belonging to the citizens of this country and state. I would
assume that your policy is not to discriminate against customers based on religion or
infringe upon their freedom of speech, so I am confused as to why your company has decided
it is appropriate to deprive law-abiding citizens of the ability to protect themselves and
their families. Despite you having one of the best theaters in the OKC metro area, I have chosen to take
my guns and my money to your competitors and spread the word about your corporate policies to
numerous groups and friends, both in person and online, until such time as you choose to allow law-
abiding armed citizens in your establishments.

Great letter. I copied it and with a little editing of the place, I sent it to Walgreens corporate,one of there local stores here in wichita just posted. Albiet a non KSAG compliant sign that has no legal authority, it still gets the stores point across.

Chris_OKC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went this Friday and they had an "OPEN CARRY PROHIBITED ON THIS PROPERTY" sign posted. Been to the Warren since it opened. It had a no weapons sign up until the IMAX was built and they took them down. Either way doesn't matter to me, concealed is concealed. The only time I don't carry in there is if we go upstairs and I drink.

:woohoo1:

Latest posts

Top Bottom