Watch out for what might be in your ground blind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of our RV friends has a deer lease near the King Ranch in far South Tx. He was visiting it today to get things cleaned up, etc before gun season starts. He opened the door to his ground blind to go in but a passing deer caught his attention so he hesitated. A motion caught his eye spotting this coming out of his blind. 6’ long with 13 rattles. Apparently during the summer, some rodent chewed through his door creating habitat.
We discussed how he really needs to have an elevated blind.
He skinned it and found out he can preserve it with antifreeze. Never heard of that but here it is.
https://zekebloggingadventures.com/how-to-tan-a-rattlesnake-skin-with-antifreeze/
24105.jpeg

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone, like my friend in the pic wears snake boots in that area. They aren't uncommon so one has to make sure when walking out in the darkness to the blind they don't get bit. Well over 2 hours from any medical facility.
That's why I prefer my elevated blinds or tree stands. Don't have many of those suckers around here but we have plenty of those pygmy rattlers and they are just as dangerous. They may not kill you but the medical could break you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom