Watch out for what might be in your ground blind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear them too here in Caddo County, at least here, knock on wood, we don’t have rattlers. But then again they’re all rattlecoppermocassions to me.
Yes wife and I have snake boots anytime getting off a cleared trail. We have snake gaters for visitors

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's why I prefer my elevated blinds or tree stands. Don't have many of those suckers around here but we have plenty of those pygmy rattlers and they are just as dangerous. They may not kill you but the medical could break you.
Many years ago on a turkey hunt, I had sat down under a cedar tree just before sunrise. I had checked around the base of the tree for snakes before getting comfortable. I then heard that baby toy blow up. After holding my breath and getting out from under the tree, I started to investigate with my flashlight, and I finally saw him about 5 feet up in the tree. It was on that day that I learned to look up and down before getting comfortable. I’ve had three fairly close encounters with rattlers including this one, but luckily I haven’t been bit yet. A buddy of mine got bit two years ago about a mile north of my place. He killed it and took it in with him to the emergency room so they wouldn’t question him about what kind of snake bit him. He said that it created a big commotion when he laid it on the check-in counter at the ER.

Latest posts

Top Bottom