Watch your brass.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Little heads up. I have been running into a lot of boxer primed brass lately that seems to be steel case. At least it is very magnetic. It looks like brass case but a magnet will pick it up easily.

I have found some 9mm from S&B and a 45acp from R-P.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up, I was aware of the S&B stuff, but not the R-P. I am very dissapointed in Remington for doing that. I guess that was their answer to China buying up all the copper and brass.. I have loaded steel cases many times, in 45ACP, 223 and 9mm. It will certainly cause more wear on the dies than brass, and I don't know at what point the cases work harden to the point of brittleness. As long as I can get brass cases to reload, I will stay away from the steel case stuff.. Blitzfike

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was kind of surprised at the R-P too but so far have only found a few. I will keep magnet checking all the cases that pass through.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The funny thing, if you miss one of the S&B 9mm steel cases and clean it in an ultrasonic cleaner, it turns itself and surrounding brass a lovely shade of pink. :puke:

Maybe I should save up a load just to give to BadgeBunny for Christmas. :lmfao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom