water jug at 150 yds with a handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hit a two foot gong at 200 yards.... Once with the cz-52. I'd never put money on being able to hit it with one of an eight round mag again though.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used to shoot our pistols at the 100 yard range.
Mostly just for fun. Didn't need a exercise scenario to do it.
Just for fun. We had all read the Keith book which kind of started it.
It's amazing how good you can become if you practice at that range though.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i dont think i could do it in 5 shots, but id put money on my buddy w/ his glock 23 i bet he could go 3 for 10, and id be lucky at 1 for 10, but he has tons of practice w that pistol

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We used to shoot our pistols at the 100 yard range.
Mostly just for fun. Didn't need a exercise scenario to do it.
Just for fun. We had all read the Keith book which kind of started it.
It's amazing how good you can become if you practice at that range though.

YEP!!! Its all Elmer Keith's fault!!!!! Dont get to carried away or you'll start putting gold bands on your front sight.

i dont think i could do it in 5 shots, but id put money on my buddy w/ his glock 23 i bet he could go 3 for 10, and id be lucky at 1 for 10, but he has tons of practice w that pistol

IF you have not, you should read everything you can get your hands on by Elmer Keith. After that its pretty easy.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in my 20's used to shoot a super blackhawk in .44 mag at 100yd all the time, targets where that size or similar. takes practice, but lived in the country then so shot ALOT. Damn miss those days. Now my eyes are 20 yrs older and probably no way for me to hit something that small, but I would not want to be the guy who was standing anywhere close to it even now. lol

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hit a two foot gong at 200 yards.... Once with the cz-52. I'd never put money on being able to hit it with one of an eight round mag again though.

CZ 52 FTW!!! I have a CZ 52 and I would not feel comfortable being shot at with any pistol in 7.62x25 within 200 yards, no matter who was shooting. Those things have laser like trajectory for a pistol caliber.

Latest posts

Top Bottom