Wayne LaPierre Stepping down.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know what club you belong to and I am no fan of Wayne, but the NRA does provide a lot of benefits to the firearms community. I know the OKC Gun Club receives grant money each year from the NRA for various activities. One example, I believe the NRA provides grant money necessary to purchase all ammo required for the annual Women on Target event. There are 300-400 women each year shooting rifles, pistols, and shotgun. I believe they also provide grant money for some of the youth events.
The NRA also provides affordable insurance for gun ranges as long as the range is built to their specs which are not extraordinary.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was time. NRA needs a significant leader at this point. A talking head that has national recognition. Even with all its faults, it still needs to be seen as a 2A proponent with national identity.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know what club you belong to and I am no fan of Wayne, but the NRA does provide a lot of benefits to the firearms community. I know the OKC Gun Club receives grant money each year from the NRA for various activities. One example, I believe the NRA provides grant money necessary to purchase all ammo required for the annual Women on Target event. There are 300-400 women each year shooting rifles, pistols, and shotgun. I believe they also provide grant money for some of the youth events.
What a perfect life, get a few boxes of ammo thrown our way, and then look the other way and let a bunch of criminals control a once great organization. Explain it to your son. And by the way, I belonged to your gun club when all this was going down, I don't have a bad word to say about OKCGC, I worked with the Boy Scouts, and the NRA supplied guns, ammo, and targets. Thats the way the Mafia worked, throw a little money around the neighborhood and everybody looked the other way when the bodies went in the dumpster. I doubt that you know how obscenely lavish the lifestyle of these people was. They could have sent a trainload of ammo and not raised an eyebrow, I saw it with my own eyes, I just didn't know. So it upsets me when I'm forced to support all that just so I can go out and put some bullets in a berm. We can do better, if we can't, God help us.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some time ago Harlan Carter was the head guy at the NRA, and after he gave a speech you new exactly how important the 2A is, he was a firebrand. But the board will replace Wayne with someone who will keep their mouth shut, and it will be business as usual. It's like getting a new Senator and thinking things will change. For change to happen you have to clean house, and have accountability. Wayne LaPierre belongs in prison, and those who covered up his crimes belong in prison.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 30 years ago I had worked enough overtime to fund a lifetime NRA membership for myself. Was so proud, pleased to have it, thought I was doing a great thing. My kind of political activism. Loved it when Charlton Heston became NRA President. Had no idea of the eventual financial abuses to come. Disappointing.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might actually think about renewing now. GOA has been getting most of my "contribution", especially since Wayne started taking his family on extended yachting vacations to the Bahamas on NRA's (member's) dime. But I suppose it's hard to live all those years next to a teat that big without eventually being tempted to suck on it. Not a big fan of that SDNY prosecutor, but on this one I think Big Wayne's going down, an event which I presume he's quietly preparing for. Wonder if he's a flight risk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom