Welcome to Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa is only getting worse. The downtown RR tracks area is full of homeless. The circled area in red (along the west side of the tracks) is now a homeless camp that I can see daily on my commute home while getting on the highway (west side of downtown). This camp has done nothing but get bigger over the past several months.
Looks like the powers that be have decided to leave them alone and accept it.

IMG_2509.jpeg

Bixby Sooner53

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct. While here in Oregon the other day, I noticed a young couple walking down the street by our hotel. He was pulling a regular shopping cart, and she was pushing one of those lumber carts that Lowes and Home Depot uses.

View attachment 486411

Now, I am curious as to how they plan on using that, but I'm not going looking to find out. After all, what would they do to an old guy that seemed to interfere with what they think they are entitled to do?
That is their secret money maker. They can charge for giving rides on that like a homeless amusement park ride. They can also just rent it out to any of their neighbors that are thinking about doing home improvements (read fortifications) and need something to haul materials.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a storage room outside one of the end doors at our office. The door didn't lock since there was no strike plate in the door frame. Last fall a contractor that does some maintenance and remodeling in the building opened it to put some stuff in and there was somebody living in there. The occupant wasn't home, maintenance guys came and bagged up his stuff and left it at the edge of the property. It took several days before the building management freed up enough funds to buy a working doorknob and install a strike plate so they could lock the door. During that time he moved back in but was moved out again after the new lock was installed. Took about a day before he broke in and took up residence again. Since then a deadbolt has been installed and we haven't seen any sign that he's been back in there.

We do still see him from time to time since he comes around regularly to check the cans for cigarette butts. For a time I was the only smoker in the building, and I made sure that when I put one out I knocked all the tobacco out of them. I don't smoke at the office anymore so he's coming up dry over there.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The tire out all the cedar trees at the Western and memorial intersection near Cabelas because of all the homeless hiding their camps in them.
They also cleared out the camp along the creek behind Target at Penn and memorial. That’s fine and all but they’ll just move someplace else.
I think the old motel SW of the new 7-11 at Meridian and Reno has been taken over by homeless.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct. While here in Oregon the other day, I noticed a young couple walking down the street by our hotel. He was pulling a regular shopping cart, and she was pushing one of those lumber carts that Lowes and Home Depot uses.

View attachment 486411

Now, I am curious as to how they plan on using that, but I'm not going looking to find out. After all, what would they do to an old guy that seemed to interfere with what they think they are entitled to do?
When can we expect a chapter of homeless pics on your smugmug site?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think the old motel SW of the new 7-11 at Meridian and Reno has been taken over by homeless.
It’s looking pretty rough there. When they were stocking supplies for the Casey’s or 7-11 or whatever is on that corner at the vacant lot between that an the ‘gentleman’s club’ it was hobo city.

Latest posts

Top Bottom