Went handgun shopping with the wife, what did she get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chodrick

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fondled many more guns than her but she decided on the .357 LCR. We handled our first Glock which was the 30SF and it just felt way too fat, even for me. The M&P 40 felt like it was made for my hand, it was just a little larger than I'd like to conceal. The XDs feels real nice with the extended mag but was a bit short with the standard capacity magazine. If it wasn't at 6 bills I'd have picked it up for myself.
I had been wanting to get her an LCR since my CC class, a lady there had one and seemed to love it. She (wife) handled one and a S&W bodyguard 38 at Academy a while ago and liked the Ruger better. I would like to get the .22 version just because it's neat. She will probably carry with a 38+P load until she gets use to the .357. She seems excited about it so I'm happy for her. :)

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at the same .38 for my wife.

Please post after she puts some rounds through it on her experience.

You should get the .357 model if u can. You can shoot .38 in it but it gives you the option to run .357 or .38. Whichever your situation will allow. Gives you much more versatility.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lost my PPKS in .380 to my wife. She has put several hundred rounds through it in the last month or so quite accurately.

I get to shop while she takes her SDA tomorrow night!

chodrick

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure the .357 load will be a bit much for her. It does have more weight to it than the .38 model so I'm expecting the kick to be somewhat less. There will be a short range report once we get a chance to put some ammo through it, we aren't local to any ranges and H&H is an hour and a half away. I'm disappointed that the .22 version isn't what I'd expect it to be, seemed like a cool idea I guess?

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is also VERY light as you know and makes it easy to pull shots even at close range I would definitely start her on some weak sauce 38s the +ps pack a punch out of that gun. I would suggest dry firing practice. My son calls ours the fire breathing dragon for a reason. I guess when it comes to handguns I like lots of flash and big booms

Latest posts

Top Bottom