West Norman shooting yesterday; shooter was CLEET instructor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, you said the NRA took Mark Kottka's case? Just following up on that claim.
I think somebody must have had a chat with him. He hasn't been on here since August, last year. I gotta say I felt bad for the kid. He loves his uncle. Probably idolized him a little bit if he was anything like the uncle I had. Regardless of how any of us feel about what Kottka did, he has family that think he is a stand-up guy. This has got to be hard on them.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kottka has filed an appeal with the Court of Criminal Appeals on the stand your ground issue, and his criminal case is stayed pending that appeal.

I don’t see the appeals court overturning the ruling on self defense….but crazier things have happened.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not the same I know but for those of you saying it's "difficult" to shoot from a car. When we shot USPSA matches out at Paul Abel's he had a beat up car we could practice scenarios from. It was a great time because much hilarity ensued but also an eye-opening experience. It's not impossible and quite frankly unless you are 300 pounds and 5 feet tall not "that" hard.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve only been in one serious road rage incident but have had people attempt to carjack me twice, and no matter what happens, I will never get out of my truck in that kind of situation.

I’ve watched a bunch of dashcam/road rage videos where people walk back to a car in traffic and start beating on windows. If I was in that situation and had no way to get away (as in blocked in), as long as the guy is just beating on the window, no harm no foul, but if he breaks my window, I’d drop him like a hot rock.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve only been in one serious road rage incident but have had people attempt to carjack me twice, and no matter what happens, I will never get out of my truck in that kind of situation.

I’ve watched a bunch of dashcam/road rage videos where people walk back to a car in traffic and start beating on windows. If I was in that situation and had no way to get away (as in blocked in), as long as the guy is just beating on the window, no harm no foul, but if he breaks my window, I’d drop him like a hot rock.

Method

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think somebody must have had a chat with him. He hasn't been on here since August, last year. I gotta say I felt bad for the kid. He loves his uncle. Probably idolized him a little bit if he was anything like the uncle I had. Regardless of how any of us feel about what Kottka did, he has family that think he is a stand-up guy. This has got to be hard on them.
Yeah, I think it is safe to say that the NRA didn't take this case. Or any gun owner cases......they represent the $$$ gun lobby, not owners, but they have a lot of people fooled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom