What are the chances that congress passes a limit on magazine capacity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are the chances that congress passes a limit on magazine capacity

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think after Billy Clinton spoke out about how badly it affected senators/representatives careers last go-around (and subsequently, Obama has started issuing warnings in speeches), it's got the entire anti-gun movement a little shaken up so I'm going with 25% (probably closer to 33%).

Problem is, I'm still seeing a lot of logic, stats and reason going around, but none of the talking heads on the left are acknowledging any of it. And several pop-culture movements are treating them just like they do the right when they sense lying, hiding facts,etc... They're turning against them (and a lot of them are lefties).

It's weird that the pro-gun movement has gained traction in the underdog category because that's the category that usually gains enough momentum to change things (now that we have the internet and ability to spread info quickly).

What's really strange is that there are several things that these new pro-gun folks still don't like about the right...

It's almost as if people are actually thinking about each issue separately and not taking unilateral sides. How crazy is that?

I'd offer this advice to anyone really concerned about their gun-rights. Stop with the "Libtard" and other name-calling that groups all lefties together and start talking about the issues separately using logic, facts, and reason - you'll be surprised how convincing you are even to the ignorant name-calling liberal anti that just parrots talking-points they got from the usual left-leaning media channels.

I've seen it happen to two different folks I know personally that I never would have dreamed in a million years would turn pro-gun. They're still Liberals, but they are actually looking at statistics for crimes and gun-violence and are convinced that gun-control is not the answer.

I agree with this 100%, and would go a bit further, and stop using the word 'retarded' or its derivatives as an insult. Doing this diminishes the user much more than it does the object of the insult. The use of this term is simply rude.

And before someone jumps in to complain about 'political correctness", this really has nothing to do with being PC; rather, it is about being polite. It seems to me that conservatives use the term 'PC' much like liberals use the term 'racism'.

So, please, give it some though before you use this term in the future.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to see defeatism isn't dead!

I'll never understand all this pessimism on the gun side of the aisle. I'm 51, born in 1961. I was a child during the turmoil of the 60's that resulted in the Gun Control Act of 1968. And I remember the early 70's when I had relatives who were buying handguns "private sale" so they wouldn't "be in the government records when they were outlawed." It really did feel like an inevitable creeping of gun control. And handguns had their own "assault weapons" media label you heard every day. "We have to put up laws to stop all these Saturday Night Specials." Then the anti's would put out a list and basically include any handgun with a barrel less than 7.5" long. Things like Colt SAA's were supposed to be Saturday Night Specials. All two inch revolvers were evil things that only a criminal would use.

How things changed. The tide started to shift by the late 70's and early 80's. Carter lost, Reagan won. The profound shift to the left that the country had experienced after Nixon and Watergate turned the other way. We haven't won every battle since then but nobody in 1973 or so would believe where we are today. Nobody, absolutely nobody back then had concealed handgun permits. Not unless they were famous, had lots of money, or were politically connected. Or were licensed private dicks. We still don't have a 50 state shall issue nation but we are pretty darn close.

When I was in school in the 70's, I tried to argue with a teacher once about the 2nd Amendment. He totally dismissed me in front of the class. Ridiculed my backward ideas. And pointed out right there in the textbook that the courts had ruled that the 2nd Amendment was about the state militias, had nothing to do with regular people. It was an old and outdated piece of the Constitution. Now we have had Heller, hard for a government textbook to make that argument.

Sure, "we live in difficult times." But let's be a little more upbeat. A little more aware of where we have been and where we are today. And let's keep using our strongest weapons. Speak the truth, force the truth out when politicians try to lie or obscure it. And use the internet to form communities. Communities that did NOT exist in 1973. As a gun person in the late 70's, I used to read the Rifleman every month. And Shooting Times and G&A. And that was about it, about all the "gun community" that I came into contact with. Once a month. Now we are all interconnected, much to the dismay of our adversaries. They wish we would go back to our reality TV shows. It is a LOT harder to sneak something by us now.

Smile. Be optimistic. Let's try to be less of the "grumpy old men" that the antis try to portray. Smile and laugh when interviewed by the media. Be optimistic about the future. Here's something anybody of any age knows: the public likes to be on the winning side. The bandwagon effect. You see it in sports, you see it in politics. Once the efforts of the antis is seen by Joe Public to be failing, support for them will fade fast. Then they can look unhappy and desperate!

Gregg

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They really don't need to pass it anymore, How much ammo have you seen at a reasonable price to fill all those hi cap mags??
When the ammo cost more than the mag.....well d#% Can't afford to shoot up a school anymore let alone feed my family!
Cheaper to buy Angus at Reasors big meat sale than go hunting.:)

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm starting to think they may abandon High-cap magazines like they seem to be doing with the AWB and just turn their attention towards ammo, handguns, and "the gunshow loophole".

Latest posts

Top Bottom