What did you do at college?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you do in college? Homework or partying?

• I was boring, I studied 100% of the time

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • I did other extracurricular activites besides drinking

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • I was a jock. I mainly sweated.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Little of both, I learned to do my homework drunk

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • What's studying? Is that a drinking game?

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • What's college?

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • I'm a Muslim, I learned how to attack the US by studying here.

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't go to traditional college, I went to an art technical institute and a guitar/music school right out of high school in California. I apprenticed in a tattoo shop during the day after class and played music nights and weekends in bands around the bay area to pay my bills, so I pretty much had to slow down on the hardcore partying I had done in HS because I just didnt have time for it any more. Then my girlfriend moved in and that really slowed my partying down- alot. Finished up my courses at the 2 schools, began working full time at the tattoo shop that me and my girlfriend eventually bought, and played in the band that was getting bigger. Then we got married and my first kid came along less than a year later- and that pretty much killed what party time I did have. Until a few years later. While pursuing a career as a professional musician I also became a professional partier. Almost 20 years later, a bunch of live-in girlfriends, 2 more divorces and 3 more kids later, my partying life now is maybe a few Jager shots with a few beers when playing music or if at home on a rare weekend not playing music then its either having a good ale or sipping on a glass of my fave Four Roses while watching TV.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to go because me n the missus both had full time jobs and I had the GI bill to pay for tuition and books back in the '80s. We worked, I studied and wrote term papers while the missus looked after the kids. Some fun. Also took a state loan for my Masters and paid it back, too.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent most of my time complaining about how the English professor couldn't use proper grammar, why I couldn't just test out of Computers and Information Access, why my time was being wasted with Freshman Orientation, why the computer programming classes were way behind on best practices, and why they wouldn't let me just take the tests of my choosing up front and be done with it, and why my adviser couldn't keep his office hours or appointments so that I could drop my classes before the cut-off date.

That's why I have one semester that has a few grades, and another that has a bunch of W/F's, resulting in something like a 1.25 GPA. And then there's that Pell grant that I have no record of receiving yet had to pay back...

Who needs college when you've got the Internet?

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hardly missed class, studied and did homework, partied my face off on the weekends and did intramural sports for fun. Some Thirsty Thursdays took place and other random weeknights when the following days schedule would allow.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took 21 hour semesters and every summer school/intercession available except for the summer I went to OCS. Finished my degree at OU in 2.5 years, 2 kids, part-time job and ROTC obligations. I truly can't complain because I was active duty the entire time with benefits. If I had it to do over I would have slowed down a tad bit and enjoyed the experience a little more. Party? What is that! Oh, and I only went to two games while at OU and that was because I was in charge of the hot dog crew.

Latest posts

Top Bottom