What did you do at college?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you do in college? Homework or partying?

• I was boring, I studied 100% of the time

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • I did other extracurricular activites besides drinking

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • I was a jock. I mainly sweated.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Little of both, I learned to do my homework drunk

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • What's studying? Is that a drinking game?

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • What's college?

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • I'm a Muslim, I learned how to attack the US by studying here.

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worked a lot, studied enough (was a literature major, so I had to read a lot), drank lots of beer, Boone's Farm, Bali Hai, etc, entertained a few ladies, made a lot of friends, and eventually wound up with three degrees and eligible for three retirements. I thought college was a great choice coming out of high school because I was on my own and with a grant and a couple part-time jobs it was about the cheapest place to be. My two roomies were my neighbors from home and we had been buddies since grade school. Lots of good memories!

Cedar Creek

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't a party animal by any means, 61 years old and still never been drunk or high. I hated the first two years of college, due to all the basic courses everyone has to take. Got married 'twixt sophomore and junior year, started working on my major (biology/chemistry/education), and then really started liking college. I also had a full time job, but my boss was very flexible in scheduling my hours around class times and I could do a lot of studying during slow times. I probably got 50% of my insect collection for my Entomology class around the lights of the stores I worked.

Basic classes really are the worst, especially if you actually paid attention in high school and know most of it already.

O

OzzieBlue

I went to college in the late 70's. What little I remember of that time in my life is all hazy and grey. I remember playing poker and drinking Jack about 9 AM on many a fine fall morning...but I can't really remember going to any actual classes. I dropped out, spent a few years in the real world, and then finished my degree after I joined the Air Force.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
images

Latest posts

Top Bottom