What do you imagine other members look like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I really can't believe that I'm doing this, but...

i41.tinypic.com_3088imu.jpg

Seriously. I've been asked for my autograph so many times it isn't funny.

I'm sure I will never live this down, especially at the Lawton chapter of the FGSC.

Dave

Now we know.....

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is that thing in the 3rd pic?

Do you build them?

How much are they?

Where could I buy one?

sorry for the late response....

Tornado Intercept Vehicle (T.I.V.)... that is Sean Casey's T.I.V.1 used on the Discovery channel show "Storm Chasers". basically drive it into the path of a tornado, drop the skirting and it has hydraulic stakes that are pushed into the ground to help with stand the tornado. i believe his was able to handle up to 250mph winds (EF5...kiss your a$$ and your town good bye)

no i do not build them. but i have a pretty good idea on how to build one.

depending on what drive train you start out with and what you want in it. i think Seans was around $60,000 +/-. it was built out of 1/8" plate and in some areas up to 1/4" plate and weighted somewhere in the ball park of 18'000lbs. we did the install using some of our KICKER (car audio/speakers) product so that they could hear the CB outside the vehicle and or use as a PA system. the TIV1 i worked on was a real rough idea and had some mechanical issues. i believe it could have been built right if the builders would have thought it out a bit more.. and not cut corners.

not sure where you could buy one, i have not seen a TIV car lot in Oklahoma.... wait a minute that doesn't sound like a bad idea...lol

Discovery TIV 074.jpg

Discovery TIV 075.JPG

Discovery TIV 055.JPG

Discovery TIV 065.JPG

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
sorry for the late response....

Tornado Intercept Vehicle (T.I.V.)... that is Sean Casey's T.I.V.1 used on the Discovery channel show "Storm Chasers". basically drive it into the path of a tornado, drop the skirting and it has hydraulic stakes that are pushed into the ground to help with stand the tornado. i believe his was able to handle up to 250mph winds (EF5...kiss your a$$ and your town good bye)

no i do not build them. but i have a pretty good idea on how to build one.

depending on what drive train you start out with and what you want in it. i think Seans was around $60,000 +/-. it was built out of 1/8" plate and in some areas up to 1/4" plate and weighted somewhere in the ball park of 18'000lbs. we did the install using some of our KICKER (car audio/speakers) product so that they could hear the CB outside the vehicle and or use as a PA system. the TIV1 i worked on was a real rough idea and had some mechanical issues. i believe it could have been built right if the builders would have thought it out a bit more.. and not cut corners.

not sure where you could buy one, i have not seen a TIV car lot in Oklahoma.... wait a minute that doesn't sound like a bad idea...lol

View attachment 29462

View attachment 29463

View attachment 29464

View attachment 29465

Is that the 'nader truck that got stuck out here near altus a while back?

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that the 'nader truck that got stuck out here near altus a while back?

i'm sure it was. i remember watching them on tv and i don't think many of them out of towner storm chasers new how to handle a good sloppy muddy road. but then again i bet driving an 18'000lbs vehicle might be a "little bit" different....lol

the crew that drove this truck was with Sean Casey, he was the one that was trying to get the camera on everything for his IMAX film called 'Tornado Alley'...

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread reminded me of a time when a few of my friends uploaded our real pictures to a website that matches you to a celebrity (doppleganger dot something).

Anywho, Mine came back with 2 "matches". The first one was Dimebag Darrell (from Pantera) and the second one was Sidney Portier. I never went back to that site.

PS: I am neither black or a dead rock star from the 80's

Latest posts

Top Bottom