What do you still eat or drink from your childhood?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chocolate gravy and biscuits. Cornbread and milk.

Dude! I love chocolate gravy and biscuits, Im calling my mom tonight to see if she can make me some Saturday morning!

I still eat fruity pebbles on occassion, mainly cause I have a 6 year old and because they are really good. Im lucky enough to live close to my folks, we always had a huge breakfast at my house growing up, all my friends always wanted to stay at my house beacuse they knew that big breakfast was coming up. To this day, I will go by their house for that same breakfast.....fried eggs, grits, biscuits, bacon and sausage, and pancakes and/or waffles if you want em.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Milk. Although I drink skim milk now and thought skim milk was nasty as a kid. Only drink it in the evenings. I can go through a gallon in 4 days.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm - Three Musketeers candy bars, cinnamon rolls, and the usual dinner foods (steak, hamburgers, corn, potatoes, watermelon, etc.)

I hadn't heard of chocolate gravy until just now.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad used to make us grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when we were kids. Good stuff!

Now, I make them for my daughter, with a little powdered sugar on top for extra cavities!

552506_10150767721596690_811351836_n.jpg
I'll be damned! I never thought of grilling a PB&J, but guess what's for dinner.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
peanut butter and pickle sandwiches - I started eating them when I was about 4 or 5 years old it was the only food my pregnant neighbor who babysat me would make I think she couldn't cook.
yoo-hoo - I still get some every now and then but I liked the chocolate soldier they used to have.
now that I really think about it the only things I don't eat now that I ate when I was a kid was the stuff my grandmothers would make me.

warmep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Peanut butter and honey sandwiches.
Rice pudding.
Refrigerated oatmeal. My mom would cook up a huge pot of it and we'd eat it for breakfast for the whole week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom