What edc have you stuck with the longest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make the serrations disappear and have a 12 degree per side angle for that section. Almost like the tom brown tracker. Can't post a good pic. But knife nerd stuff. That is from the benchmade black class from back in the day. Was an expensive knife. Badass.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Scandi grind has no secondary bevel. Most grinds have an angle on the edge itself, then a different angle between the edge and the spine of the blade—you get a narrow angle to give the sharp cutting edge, then the broader backbevel to maintain the strength of the blade. That’s why the Spyderco Tri-Angle Sharpmaker has different angles for the stones on each end of its base—20 degrees for the edge and 30 degrees for the backbevel, IIRC. Scandi grinds don’t have the second angle between the edge and spine, the grind just goes all the way down to the edge.

It’s a common edge in Scandinavian knives (like the Finnish Puukko), thus the name. Morakniv uses Scandi grinds on their knives (which is fitting, as they’re Swedish, IIRC) if you want to see a common example.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Scandi grind has no secondary bevel. Most grinds have an angle on the edge itself, then a different angle between the edge and the spine of the blade—you get a narrow angle to give the sharp cutting edge, then the broader backbevel to maintain the strength of the blade. That’s why the Spyderco Tri-Angle Sharpmaker has different angles for the stones on each end of its base—20 degrees for the edge and 30 degrees for the backbevel, IIRC. Scandi grinds don’t have the second angle between the edge and spine, the grind just goes all the way down to the edge.

It’s a common edge in Scandinavian knives (like the Finnish Puukko), thus the name. Morakniv uses Scandi grinds on their knives (which is fitting, as they’re Swedish, IIRC) if you want to see a common example.
Thanks. Didn't have the words to explain something like that to chenry. It's kinda technical

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
154CM is the steel used in the blade. I don’t recall where 154CM falls in the steel pantheon, but I think it’s an early “supersteel.” The CM means it’s from Crucible Industries, an American knife steel foundry. They’re the same company behind the CPM steels like CPM Magnacut—the P just means it’s a particle metallurgy steel.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What model is best for you? I have a one of the large ones with saw that I really like for camping since it has everything I need. Haven't used it much though. Kinda want to carry it in a pouch edc but never get past the convenience of pocket clips.

My most carried SAK is without a doubt the Cadet. I carry a red one on duty in a Hitch and Timner leather "Card Caddy" along with an Olight mini pen, a Rite In The Rain OTG notebook and my work ID and office door entry card.

Off duty, I also have a black Cadet that I carry when I'm just lounging around the house and I have a red Recruit that I carry in a Zero Feud pouch.

And lastly, I have a little red Vic Rambler that rides in my truck.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My most carried SAK is without a doubt the Cadet. I carry a red one on duty in a Hitch and Timner leather "Card Caddy" along with an Olight mini pen, a Rite In The Rain OTG notebook and my work ID and office door entry card.

Off duty, I also have a black Cadet that I carry when I'm just lounging around the house and I have a red Recruit that I carry in a Zero Feud pouch.

And lastly, I have a little red Vic Rambler that rides in my truck.
Isn't it funny we spend so much on knives but most of us could get by with a cadet. Like I said about needed durable scales to pop bottles. Well the cadet does it better. Lots to love about all victorinox. I want an alox farmer I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom