What edc have you stuck with the longest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't it funny we spend so much on knives but most of us could get by with a cadet. Like I said about needed durable scales to pop bottles. Well the cadet does it better. Lots to love about all victorinox. I want an alox farmer I think.

I had one and foolishly let it slip away. :cry3:

Like you said, the Cadet is damn near perfect as an EDC pocket folder.

I also find myself carrying a Case Sod Buster Jr. with Delrin covers al lot lately. I have one in black, green and orange and a yellow one on order as we speak. All of them are stainless steel. I know, I know...carbon steel sharpens better and holds an edge longer. But I hate rust. I had one in CV and seems like it turned to rust after just one day in my pocket. :ugh2:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My most carried SAK is without a doubt the Cadet. I carry a red one on duty in a Hitch and Timner leather "Card Caddy" along with an Olight mini pen, a Rite In The Rain OTG notebook and my work ID and office door entry card.

Off duty, I also have a black Cadet that I carry when I'm just lounging around the house and I have a red Recruit that I carry in a Zero Feud pouch.

And lastly, I have a little red Vic Rambler that rides in my truck.
When I worked in an office and wore slacks I carried a tiny two blade aluminum scaled victorinox. Still have it right here. The office provided apples and peanut butter and sometimes I did that for lunch. Was really perfect and didn't offend anyone. It was the aluminum scale vic excelsior. Love that thing. Tried to give it to my buddy for his son's first knife but he chose some convenience store POS.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one, the only, the most fitting to be carried by an OSA member. An Old Timer. Pics to come.

My father was an Old Timer fan. I inherited a few of his when he passed. My very first pocket knife when I was about 10 years old was one of his previously carried Old Timers - a three blade Stockman.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father was an Old Timer fan. I inherited a few of his when he passed. My very first pocket knife when I was about 10 years old was one of his previously carried Old Timers - a three blade Stockman.
Those were my first love. Studied every model in the Cabela's catalogue that they sent out for free in the late 80s. The one that always got me was the Barlow for some reason.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those were my first love. Studied every model in the Cabela's catalogue that they sent out for free in the late 80s. The one that always got me was the Barlow for some reason.

The Barlow is a goodun! :thumb:

Hell, I like em all. My knife wish list is a helluva lot longer than my gun wish list!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You carry any modern folders? Or have any you like?

I carry a Spyderco Tenacious LW on duty and sometimes off duty.

20240730_001751.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom