What flashlight are you carrying today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another thread could be : “ Because I Had a Flashlight”

I was at a restaurant and needed to pee. Went to the John. No light. Pitch black. Could not feel a switch on the wall. But because I had a flashlight mission accomplished

giphy (3).gif

That's what I'm talkin' about. Even though it's daytime, doesn't mean a torch is unneeded. Hell, Olight makes 'em smaller than a tube of Chapstick. There's simply no reason for a person NOT to own or carry one.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We all carry too much ****. Here I am at my desk at work....P238, extra mag, Kershaw, wallet, keys, cell phone.

A little ol' dinky Olight I3E wouldn't be a burden to toss in your pocket. One level - 90 lumens, simple twist on/twist off bezel, powered by a single AAA battery. About the size of your pinky. Around 10 or 12 bucks.

Last edited:

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nebo Slim Mini, super easy carry, it's mostly flat.
Two light levels, 250/25 lumen.
USB-C rechargeable.
Magnetic base. $16 from Amazon.
I also have an Olight Arkfield Pro which is super, but the Nebo Slim Mini goes everywhere.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I keep handy. Not on my person but there’s one in each vehicle and in each of our “Get the heck out of Dodge” packs along with a replacement CR123 for just in case. It’s a little Protec 500 lumen (so it claims) that takes a 16340 rechargeable. The size, magnetic base and rotatable head make it very handy and allows me to put the light right where it’s needed without any fuss. Don’t believe they make them anymore, probably because some of you ham-handed gorillas that are rough on things. 😉
IMG_7957.jpeg
IMG_7958.jpeg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started out my carrer with a Kel Light with 6 C batteries. Then the Kel light rechargable in the car. My personal light I carried is my old battle-worn Surefire 6R I bought in 1980 converted to the 6P when the extended batteries quit charging. I also changed the tail piece switch to a momentary / on switch instead of just momentary.
In 2010, I changed to the LED because after about 50 times dropping it at $18 a bulb, I got damn tired of essentially making payments on my flashlight. I bought another flashlight a Fenix UC35 that was incredible but I lost it. Oh well, back to the Surefire.

1724457612997.jpeg

I just did a little Googlefoo. I looked up the 6R. It has been discontinued. I had rechagable battery packs and a body extension. The batteries were charged by a charger with leather type metal snap ends. If I can find it, I'll add pictures.

Found it.

1724460633100.jpeg

1724460585839.jpeg

Useless until they make new batteries.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started out my carrer with a Kel Light with 6 C batteries. Then the Kel light rechargable in the car. My personal light I carried is my old battle-worn Surefire 6R I bought in 1980 converted to the 6P when the extended batteries quit charging. I also changed the tail piece switch to a momentary / on switch instead of just momentary.
In 2010, I changed to the LED because after about 50 times dropping it at $18 a bulb, I got damn tired of essentially making payments on my flashlight. I bought another flashlight a Fenix UC35 that was incredible but I lost it. Oh well, back to the Surefire.

View attachment 504922

I just did a little Googlefoo. I looked up the 6R. It has been discontinued. I had rechagable battery packs and a body extension. The batteries were charged by a charger with leather type metal snap ends. If I can find it, I'll add pictures.

Found it.

View attachment 504929

View attachment 504928

Useless until they make new batteries.

The 6P was revolutionary back in the 80s. I almost bought one, but they got a bad reputation for going through batteries (expensive back then) quickly.

But when my Streamlight SL-20 took a sh*t on me and died in the middle of a manhunt, I purchased a Surefire 6P LED regardless of how expensive the batteries were. Shortly after that, batteries went down in price considerably.

Flashlights have certainly came a long way in the last 15-20 years.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice! Some day when I can afford it, I'm gonna pick up a SF Stiletto. I'm digging the flat flashlights.

yep, aint cheap but.... the Stiletto I picked up 3 years ago is $100 now at amazon and has selectable lumen power of 650/250/25. The Stiletto Pro now that the have is 1000 lumens but it costs $228. I'd have a hard time justifying that cost.

WOW....$67.55 at MidwayUSA

Last edited:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fenix PD25R and Olight i1R keychain light. Depending on the the day, probably also have a TLR-7. 🥸

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aurora A3. Tiny, rechargable, 650 lumen (4 brightness levels) and tough as nails. Both end cap and removable side clip have magnets. This one's been through the wash and dry cycle at least a couple times, and banged around on pavement lots. $20 on Amazon. I once tested for battery life by leaving one on the 2nd lowest setting. (125 lumens) It lasted just over 6 hrs.

Attachments

• IMG_20240824_071634664.jpg
    IMG_20240824_071634664.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom