What goes to the range with you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another thread made me think of this. What else goes to the range with you besides guns, ammo, and targets? I always take along a few tools like a speciality gunsmithing screw drive kit along with me. I hate cutting a range trip short because I don't have the tools to make an adjustment or repair.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have my "goodie" bag that I take. It has everything from extra ear plugs, a few tools, oil, rags, and other stuff I might need. I leave it in there all the time.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A generous helping of cuss words when I realize all I've brought are 16-gauge shells for use with my 12-gauge shotgun, and home is an hour's drive away. It's happened.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A generous helping of cuss words when I realize all I've brought are 16-gauge shells for use with my 12-gauge shotgun, and home is an hour's drive away. It's happened.

That's about as bad a my friend who drove 2 hours from his house to shoot his brand new M1A. He brought plenty of ammo but not a single magazine.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
masking tape, multi-tool, multi-bit screwdriver, bandaids, extra hearing protection, pen or pencil, hoppes gun oil, holster, and batteries for hearing protection & optics that need them.

Oh yea, sometimes my grandsons go to the range with me. Good times.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Range bag, multi-tool, ear protection, eye protection, sight tools, binoculars, batteries for electronic ear muffs, stapler for targets, extra staples, plastic bags for brass, small rubber mallet and punch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom