what handgun / holster combo would you chose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wear a Bianchi pistol pocket IWB with a 1911. I am truck bound a lot in my job.

This holster (3S) can be worn strong side or cross draw.

The paddle on every paddle holster I've tried gouges me more than the gun.

Shoulder holsters are a good idea.... Till you've worn it. If you must.... Light gun and a cover garment are the words for the day. The are slow to draw... Easy to sweep your self without a lot of practice... But Id go shoulder before ankle, every time.

+100 on the Bianchi 3S IWB holster!!!! I've got about 6 different ones.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried a crossbreed? I put mine at 4-430 and I can almost forget about it. You might also try having a pocket pistol so your always armed and then keeping the big one in a console or under a seat. When your getting close to your destination you can put it back in your holster and if you need to get out in a hurry you have the pocket pistol or grab your primary quickly from the console.

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
G19 Comp-Tac M-TAC. Whether I'm out and about, or driving for long periods of time, the most comfortable holster I have ever owned. I won't even consider any other IWB anymore, and have sold off all my others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well that would be Open carry and I think most of us here were thinking (do think) CCW when talking holsters. Why not wear a vest and have the gun in the vest? This would be the most comfortable if I had to guess. The thigh rig, unless on top of the thigh, would be very uncomfortable I'd guess.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

All those misc un-needed pouches would be removable.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
some more details: this is a oilfield security job where i check sites and respond to intrusion alarms ,so the gun needs to be on me. i've tried shoulder rigs in the past and they make my neck hurt. the paddle doesn't gouge me but more the holster keeps me from moving into more comfortable positions while driving. might try a crossdraw

Get a good pancake style OWB holster. I really like the Galco Concealable, because the side next to your hide doesn't have much of any boning and it's super comfortable. Open top for a quick draw, but still has plenty of retention.

Considering what you're doing and where you're doing it at, I'd have an SBR'd AR in the truck as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom