What is it about the .327?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't seem to the let the idea of the .327 go. I love .32s and have guns chambered in .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R Mag. But I still feel I need to check out the .327 Fed Mag. I think the round will eventually go the way of the Dodo bird since very few companies build guns for it. The only current company offering the .327 I would consider would be Ruger. I certainly don't NEED a .327 but I sure like the concept of them. Pros\Cons?

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first con would possibly be the availability of ammo..? What can the 327 do that a 357 (which ammo can be found everywhere) wont? Just my $.02

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good point and if a guy was relying on factory ammo, he might as well not waste his time (or money). I reload for the .32 anyhow so it's not a stretch in that department.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like that the smaller pistols are 6 shots instead of 5. And it has less recoil, from what I have read (never fired one) than the 357. I looked closely at a lightweight Taurus model a few years back, but never bit.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like that the smaller pistols are 6 shots instead of 5. And it has less recoil, from what I have read (never fired one) than the 357. I looked closely at a lightweight Taurus model a few years back, but never bit.

Ruger makes a stainless Blackhawk in .327 that is an 8 shot. Somebody should talk me out of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom