What is it and what's it worth #3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"New stock on Old hardware. 30.06 ingraved,but no idea if correct. Japanese engraving partially rubbed away."

IMG_20220717_085730046.jpg
IMG_20220717_085745353.jpg
imagejpeg_0.jpg
IMG_20220717_090006872.jpg
imagejpeg_0.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of the WW2 military surplus were rebarreled to different calibers and while most Arisaka were strong enough for the 30.06 round, the very late war were questionable. Have it checked over by a good gunsmith with the correct gauges. Even then I would remote fire the first few rounds if you can.

Side note, a lot of people think Arisakas did not have a manual safety. This is incorrect. The knob at the rear of the action is the safety. I even heard some guy on the TV show about a gunshop say it. You remember the one where the guy went to prison for molesting his daughter and her friend or something.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All feedback has been appreciated. We are still trying to figure a few things out but they will likely be available here. I will post when the time comes. Any additional info and value estimates are appreciated!

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of the WW2 military surplus were rebarreled to different calibers and while most Arisaka were strong enough for the 30.06 round, the very late war were questionable. Have it checked over by a good gunsmith with the correct gauges. Even then I would remote fire the first few rounds if you can.

Side note, a lot of people think Arisakas did not have a manual safety. This is incorrect. The knob at the rear of the action is the safety. I even heard some guy on the TV show about a gunshop say it. You remember the one where the guy went to prison for molesting his daughter and her friend or something.
Yeah, "Sons of Guns" was the show. Red Jacket Firearms. I think there were allegations that he molested his younger daughter, when that became public the older daughter first said he had never done anything wrong, then later said he had molested her as well. I don't remember a friend, but it was a hot mess so maybe I just forgot that part.

I liked that show, I think it had already gone off the air when all this information broke. Made me sorry I ever watched it. You just never know about people.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Never saw that TV show but I saw somewhere.
They said the rear of the bolt is made to be pushed forward with the heel of the hand and then turn.
One way is safe and the other way is fire. Don't remember which.

Latest posts

Top Bottom