What is killing my chickens???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only animals that get out of my trap alive are cats. One 22 shot to the head and hauled out to the back of my property. They don't come back to be caught the second time.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your trapping system is just like our prison system.....spend money, time and effort to catch the bad guys.......catch the bad guys, take their mug shots, let them spend a short time behind bars, then release them........... only to become repeat offenders! :) Do you love your chickens or the vermin more? It looks like you're siding with the vermin?

I didn't used to be like this; two years ago I wasn't. The older I got, the less severe I became. I used to be an avid catfisherman, but got to where I couldn't kill them. I'll take it up the RR tracks far from here. There are no homes back there, I am the only one with chickens around here. I'm sorry. No excuses on my part.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only animals that get out of my trap alive are cats. One 22 shot to the head and hauled out to the back of my property. They don't come back to be caught the second time.
This. I hated killing things 'til I had that rodent invasion, now I kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out. Cats in the trap get a free pass; everything else gets a complimentary .22 slug between the eyes and a free ride up inside the treeline.

BTW, the trap is only set on or next to the porch or deck. If they stay away from the house and garage (or my dad's workshop and hay barn), I'm generally a live and let live kind of fellow.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took it out into the middle of nowhere. There are no houses, no farms - nothing. It is like that behind where i live. There is nothing out there - period.

i.imgur.com_W6x50DH.jpg

i.imgur.com_uDuqxAL.jpg

i.imgur.com_XyMvcnt.jpg

i.imgur.com_FaVCiLb.jpg

i.imgur.com_CiFOxWU.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom