what is Mil- spec accuracy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Great-Grandfather insisted during the very last conversation that I had with him, that the M1 that he carried on Leyte and Okinawa was not an SA or WRA. Did that make me think any less of him or his service? Did I think that he was senile or a liar? Absolutely not. Maybe it was one of those Singer Garands that I hear so much about. :wink2:

Such things are trivial in the grand scheme of everything, and I hope that no one has taken the content of this thread too personally.

If Lasher still happens to have his qualification score card, I for one would be very interested in seeing the serial number of one of the rifles that he was issued.

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_KqTWuCel.jpg

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a Photoshop effort. The Remington stamp doesn't follow the curve of the heel, and actually seems to curve in the opposite direction.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a Photoshop effort. The Remington stamp doesn't follow the curve of the heel, and actually seems to curve in the opposite direction.

Pretty sure that's the way they were all stamped... ;)

It is my PS creation and a relatively poor one at that. You should try matching stampings, angles, lighting, metal grain...all in 10 minutes. :tounge:

Latest posts

Top Bottom