what is Mil- spec accuracy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry lasher, but your memory is failing you. No one is calling you a liar.

Thank you for your service, but Remington did not make M-14s, or M1 Garands.

The chance of you having been issued a single rare Remington contract rifle is remote but in the realm of "crazier things have happened". However, being issued 3 such rifles during a period of service? Nope. Didn't happen old Sarge.

That's a cool old picture of you. Will you share the backstory?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to question the gentleman's assertions about HRA having poor QA when it comes to the M1 Garand. These rifles tend to be amongst the best in terms of fit and finish when compared to Garands made by other manufacturers. Now H&R, as it was called at the time of M14 production, might be a different story.

That struck me as odd too. My understanding is that the contract expired due to lack of demand...not poor quality.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had many things that did not exist.
Having owned over 250 cars by the time I was 24 will prove many books completely wrong.
I seem to get the odd ball stuff .
I have had cars from the 80's that never had AC in them not even a spot where the firewall was cut for an evaporator. but the book stated all had AC and so if I went
to get a belt for it the belt was always wrong.
Lot of stuff on the internet is not fact. and many facts are left out.
1968 Torino with 390" needed Ujoint nothing in the book matched.. dad took in the Joint and it was for a 1 ton truck. Was his car many years ago.

Slow on production and need to get 100 or say 1000 more products out... you hire out the work.
Dad picked up Firestone tires at a Goodyear plant as a trucker .. said he talked to them about it and Firestone contracted out the work sent supplies etc to get the job done.

Internet does not have all the answers you search for.
I can find nothing on my Uncle Ralph who raced stock car since the beginning of stock car racing. raced against Petty and all those guys.
The family has a lot of his trophies and some pictures ..
I even got to drive his 340 Duster stock car.. Cool stuff.

Never say it did not happen.
It may just not be known or posted to the stupid internet.

I have been called out many times by people on the net that say my cars did not run what I claimed with what i had in them.. say my Tachometer was on 6 cylinder... No way with 235-245@ .050 cam will the 350 rev to 8000+ rpm and not nose over.
Fact: It would and sorry if yours does not.
Over 12:1 compression with iron heads and a 224@ .050 cam the 270 comp magnum and it ran fine on 91 octane with race tune.
41 total timing. iron heads cast flat tops.

Not calling anyone out but I want all you guys to realize just because your research does not turn up something does not mean it does not exist.

Find 12.5gr red dot in 30-30 case with 172 gr gas checked cast bullet.
Probably not but I shot some the other day.. How about a case full to the neck of H4350 with the same 30-30 and same cast bullet.
Probably will not find that load .. very accurate . kind of slow 1800 fps or so. Through my chrony.
It is one of the most accurate cast loads I came up with.

I knew my critters and in 1976 or 1978 or so i was at Marcums pond behind Plaza towers school in Moore wading and fishing I was a kid.
I seen a coral snake near the tree line I split the scene.
I knew Coral from King. Many called BS buddies dad fished the area and got it ,, someone either had it and let it go or it traveled.

At 12 I found a dead wolf in eastern Ok on the back side of robbers cave state park while hunting.
BS was again called..I finally got my dad's cousin to go look at it with me.
Later that day the place was taped off and news and the College was there.. found out a couple days later it was in fact a wolf.
There were Bear markings in the trees there also. many years ago.

And the last it does not exist .
Kimber or Oregon 22 rifle Buddy has one with serial number 22
May have some zero's in front of it.. Not a big deal really but the stock does not have the typical cut in it from how they opened the box.
No cut in the wood at all and it is not a repair job.

Pretty nice. being a 22 and no cut and having 22 serial number

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Government weapon contracts are very well documented. Companies don't just tool up very complicated production lines without solicitation....and those guns don't get purchased and issued to troops in the field without a paper trail.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Government weapon contracts are very well documented. Companies don't just tool up very complicated production lines without solicitation....and those guns don't get purchased and issued to troops in the field without a paper trail.

This x1000...facts are facts folks. Especially ones that are easily verifiable by a very well documented paper trail.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remington produced a handful of select fire prototype M1 rifles, but never received any government contracts for production.

Plus, the Remington contract rifles, called the T22 prototype, still retained the full-length gas cylinder under the barrel and had an odd-looking muzzle brake, vaguely resembling that on an AK-74. The M14 in the picture posted here clearly has the short gas cylinder and muzzle brake of the regular production M14.

And as was pointed out, there would have been a paper trail. Remington-produced M14's used in combat would have been noted by someone, plain and simple. The factory just isn't going to send out rare, expensive prototypes to be used in battle without any documentation whatsoever.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just want to know more about the Marine in the picture and where it was! That's a lot of booze lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom