After Storm Looters and Scammers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After the Moore, May 3rd tornadoes back in 99,,,
My brother-in-law and his two adult sons,,,
Caught and held looters at gunpoint.

Three times!

They camped out in three separate tents,,,
Several people went to prison,,,
The armed one, for 9 years.

BIL went to all three trials,,,
He said the judges wasted no time or breath,,,
Everyone caught got felony charges and all did some time.

As it friggin' should be!

Aarond

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was working as a reserve officer for Piedmont PD when the EF5 hit there on May 24 2011. It hit around 3:00 in the afternoon and by that evening the first looters started showing up. Country folks don’t take that too well. We caught quite a few. The locals also took things into their own hands even if they can’t spell too good.
IMG_8036.jpeg

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A strong storm went through my old neighborhood some years back when I lived there. Trees were downed all over, including a medium-sized one in my yard. I was outside the day after the storm, surveying the damage. Two guys in a pickup truck with a regular plate (not commercial) pulled up, and one got out and started with a spiel about cutting up the tree for me for, I think, $500 cash. The “cash” bit and his general demeanor got my spidey sense tingling, so I asked for a business card. He yammered something and got back into their truck, and they drove down the street and stopped in front of another house where a neighbor was outside. I jogged down the street, and when they saw me coming, they got back into the truck and left. Didn’t see them again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom