what is Mil- spec accuracy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yes, remington was stamped on the rear of the receiver of everyone of them i was issued, and that is a fact. i'm old and forgetful but some things you never forget. here is the 2nd one i was issued, and converted to full auto

I'm sorry, but your memory is a bit off in this regard. Remington did NOT make any M14's; if they did, can you please post a picture from anywhere online that shows their mark on the heel of a M14? Here's a good article about the M14's development and production:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/4/28/the-m14-rifle-john-garand-s-final-legacy/

To quote from the article:

There were four makers of the U.S. M14 rifle. The U.S. Springfield Armory (not shown), Winchester (l.), Thompson-Ramo-Wooldridge or TRW (ctr.), and Harrington & Richardson (r.).

And here are the heel stamps of the four manufacturers - Springfield, H&R, TRW, and Winchester, l-r:

i43.photobucket.com_albums_e384_Tom304_TomsM14sallfourmanufacturersDemille.jpg

Now, Remington did make the Model M14 pump action rifle, but that's a distinctly different creature than the M14 MBR.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tell ya what pard, i do not like being called a liar. i was there, you were not, i saw what i saw, you quote an article. you believe whatever you choose, i will not argue the point. i will not play this game. so you win, mr know it all, who wasn't there.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it was someone's whiskey, i was trying to figure some way of stealing some of it. that's danang air base in december 1965. that rifle was destroyed when it got in the way of a flying chunk of shell casing from NVA artillery in Dong Ha. the shrapnel hit it right on the curve at the back of the receiver, shattered the steel in that area (showed what i thought to be the crystal structure of the steel) shattered the stock at the pistol grip. did me some minor damage as i was carrying it at a run towards a slit trench LOL

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
tell ya what pard, i do not like being called a liar. i was there, you were not, i saw what i saw, you quote an article. you believe whatever you choose, i will not argue the point. i will not play this game. so you win, mr know it all, who wasn't there.

I'm curious; how would you know I wasn't there, since you don't know me? But for the record, I was indeed not - I would have been issued a 4F had I tried and was old enough ;)

But that doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. I quoted the online article so you could see for yourself; if you don't believe it, then please look at a copy of Frank Iannamico's "The Last Steel Warrior: U.S. M14 Rifle," an excellent reference book on the M14. Chapter 5 details the contracts that were issued by the Department of Defense to the four manufacturers of the M14 that I mentioned earlier. Nowhere in there is there any mention of Remington having a M14 contract.

I am not calling you a liar. Just that your memory of what was stamped on the M14 you carried fifty years ago is a bit off, is all. Please do google "Remington M14" and see what you come up with, if you still don't believe me. I would not at all mind being proven wrong :)

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i already told you i know what i know and saw, and said you are welcome to believe whatever you want. i only believe what i've seen with my own eyes, it's called first hand experience, not anecdotal bs. and you obviously know little about Marines and their rifles, we remember them.

how did i know you weren't there, it's obvious is it not? anyone who was there would not insinuate another person who was there a senile liar. now sir, i'm absolutely thru talking to you, please do me the same courtesy and all will be well

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well sir, it's obvious you don't want to do the research yourself to find out whether or not you are indeed correct, so I'll let it go. Thank you for your service, though!

Latest posts

Top Bottom