What is the most unusual or unique thing you own?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Truetone radio bought new by my grandmother in 1942, and a picture of the radio the day she brought it home and put it on the end table in her home. The radio was built in 1940 and was a display model in the North Falmouth Apothecary. She gave it to me this past summer and when I got it home and plugged it in, it warmed right up and worked just fine. I had to replace the light bulb behind the Truetone emblem that lights up when it is warmed up and ready to go. It is really nice to sit and listen to a ball game on the same radio my grandparents did some 70 years ago. I also have a Pacific Bell telephone from 1915. The only thing left inside is the magneto but it has all the outside parts so it looks complete. I wired it so the bell works when you crank it. It really looks good sitting up on the wall. One last thing, may not mean much to others but I have my grandfathers personalized car tag 'Motte', a green Massachusetts tag from 1966.

Euclid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a photo taken from the bomb bay of a B-24 that inadvertently dropped its ordinance onto a friendly bomber below. That bomber below blew up...

Later I met the only surviving member of that very B-24 that was blown up and have recorded his story.

It's the coolest thing I "own".

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
probably my miniature poodle, he is like a pimp mixed with paris hilton. idk how that works but it explains him well.

He is very relaxed, doesnt like to get wet, wants to be carried, wont eat his food if its been sitting out for a more than a couple hours, gets cranky when he doesnt get his sleep, and will be damned if he doesnt get his 3/4ths of the bed and have his head perched on the pillow and the rest of his body under the covers when he sleeps (yes exactly like a person would) lol

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask and you shall recieve!
As earlier posted, this is my Lignose Einhand, and the Russian garrison flag captured in Vietnam, in 1971.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_1533b916.jpg

That Lignose is a nice pistol. I collect 25 auto's and have been looking to get one of those. They are pretty valuable, you can buy a couple Colt's for the price of that one

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Garate Anitua .25acp pistol made in 1914. It came from the factory with gold engraving. I have never seen another one, I have no idea what its worth, but I really like it

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Garate Anitua .25acp pistol made in 1914. It came from the factory with gold engraving. I have never seen another one, I have no idea what its worth, but I really like it

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

That's nice... Spanish?
It looks a lot like a Galisi... those were pretty well made.

Latest posts

Top Bottom