What is your favorite knife brand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got into knives. I wanted a new hobby, but I know very little about the difference in quality and brands. I’ve been watching YouTube a lot to try to get more educated. I know I like flippers with a button lock. I also like fidgety knives with as many opening devices as possible. Just makes them more fun. So far I have a Winterblade Mirage, Spiderco Civilian, Vosteed Thunderbird and a Civivi Elementum II (which broke and I had to return in the first week).

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Benchmade and Spyderco, I lean towards Benchmade for carry though. I have several Benchmade Bugouts, they are so small and light you forget you are carrying them so I use those for just everyday carry. If I know I am going to need to use a knife more heavily I carry my Griptillian which can take a ton of abuse. I also have a saddle mountain skinner from benchmade which is my favorite fixed blade

I will say I like the Spyderco hole for flicking open though, for me its just so natural and I can more easily open and close Spyderco one handed. I know Benchmade added it as an option to some blades, I don't have one of theirs with it.

Attachments

• IMG_7085.jpeg
    IMG_7085.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5383.jpeg
    IMG_5383.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Boker in Germnay back in 1970 and it was my favorite until I forgot laid it down while using it outside and some neighbor's kid stole the thing. I like Boker Tree Brand carbon steel blade (the ones that rust) because they can be sharpened quickly. I don't care too much for the stainless steel blades, too hard to sharpen. I have probably 50 Case, Boker Tree Brand, Crowing Rooster and more I've bought over the years with the majority being Case.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I, too, am not a knife snob. Would have a hard time saying I have a "favorite". Which one I grab depends on use.

Buck, Old Timer, Schrade, Uncle Henry and Case make up the majority.
Everyday pocket knife is an Old Timer.

I bought 1 handmade knife at a Gun Show. It called to me. The maker was a nice guy, he had quality wares, it was my birthday, cost was way more than I would normally pay, but I liked it.

My Winchester Bowie knife turns out, is a good knife. Mostly carried on my CAS belt. Sees a lot of kitchen duty, too. Over half the knives in the kitchen are my knives.

Knife is a tool. Sharp, comfortable grip, does what I need. Not much else matters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom