What kind of mustang can go 208mph??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer 59 South between Sallisaw and Spiro. Six miles of nice smooth concrete to let my Mustang stretch her legs. Possibly the only smooth road in the surrounding six counties.

This is a good spot. I've stretched my legs there, too, and it was ridiculous.

There's a spot from Poteau to Wilburton, too.... I think it's between Fanshawe and Red Oak? It's not flat and it's not straight, but it's gentle curves and gentle rolling hills, but the road IS smooth. It's a fun drive, but the sightline isn't nearly as good as the spot south of Sallisaw.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to deliver to his house years ago.
Really nice! but too close to I-40

Father has a masonry business. They used to train quarter horses too... not sure if they still do.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a good spot. I've stretched my legs there, too, and it was ridiculous.

There's a spot from Poteau to Wilburton, too.... I think it's between Fanshawe and Red Oak? It's not flat and it's not straight, but it's gentle curves and gentle rolling hills, but the road IS smooth. It's a fun drive, but the sightline isn't nearly as good as the spot south of Sallisaw.

The whole drive to Wilburton is pretty straight. Only two lanes though so not really ideal.

Did Hochatown to Heavener earlier this year in 40 minutes, google says it should take 1hr and 12 minutes. Lots of curves. Mustang ate it up, only dropped below 90 for a very curvy section going down a mountain.

I bet the OHP boys are loving this thread

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My question is at that sort of speed 200+, how long before you are out of gas. I can't imagine a full tank lasting but a few minutes.

Good question. I'm reminded of the Top Gear episode where they stretched out a Veyron to ludicrous speed. It took VW's 7 mile oval to get there. May said something about the tires giving up in 15 minutes, but it was ok, because they'd run out of gas in 12...

Latest posts

Top Bottom