What made this track?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After looking at the link I really think its a large canine track. When I first saw it I also thought canine. Just my opinion though. If you look at the link and read it the pad looks canine and so do the toes being almost even in the front and I see claw points on the front of those toes but that's just me.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say a big 'ol dog made that track.

imhntn, DennisHoddy and the dude (can't think of his screen name) from Tahleqauh that's a hardcore predator hunter would be the ones in the know here. We'll see what they say.

RackStacker30

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with oneshotonekill and RidgeHunter thinking it's a big 'ole dog after looking at the cat vs dog link. I'm no expert, but just voicing my opinion based on the tutorial.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After looking at the link I really think its a large canine track. When I first saw it I also thought canine. Just my opinion though. If you look at the link and read it the pad looks canine and so do the toes being almost even in the front and I see claw points on the front of those toes but that's just me.

I see what you're looking at when you're talking about the front two toe pads. However, if you look at the outside two pads that are facing straight up and down. In canines those outer two pades face pretty far out from the top two pads. Definitely don't see claw marks. All the pictures I've seen of cougar tracks the pads are pretty well pointed. Claws, at least the ones I've seen are very distiguishable in the prints. I also see the middle lobe on the heel pad. But, like yourself, thats just me.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to see more tracks. More recent tracks would be better. I know of more than one pet canine that has had claws removed. I cannot say for sure of the one track. The rear lobe has been covered partially by loose sand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom