What Pissed You Off Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I.kdsp telling myself. So far this cognitive stuff ain't working too good. I'm hoping practice makes perfect cuz I have all the time in the world. Thank God for finer living through pharmaceuticals -- esp. zofran ...

Keep your head up Gurl, and keep moving forward. I know after a injury like that it can turn to depression, don't go there. You have already proven your a fighter. Keep it up! Praying for you.
Thanks guys. And no worries. I kinda feel like my "blah" stage here is because of the slow start I got for treatment and getting a lawsuit off the ground. A holiday during a pandemic is not a good time to get stuff done. But I'm moving ahead one step at a time -- they are tiny steps and they hurt like mother****ers -- but I'm getting them in.

Got kinda good news at the neuro and after a MRI to double-check and make sure, I'm cleared for a quick surgery and then PT. This would have all already been done if it weren't for the COVID and the holidays getting in the way.

And the lawsuit I can wait on. I've NEVER seen an attorney get in a hurry ... Lol

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. And no worries. I kinda feel like my "blah" stage here is because of the slow start I got for treatment and getting a lawsuit off the ground. A holiday during a pandemic is not a good time to get stuff done. But I'm moving ahead one step at a time -- they are tiny steps and they hurt like mother****ers -- but I'm getting them in.

Got kinda good news at the neuro and after a MRI to double-check and make sure, I'm cleared for a quick surgery and then PT. This would have all already been done if it weren't for the COVID and the holidays getting in the way.

And the lawsuit I can wait on. I've NEVER seen an attorney get in a hurry ... Lol
Prayin for ya.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is true. I just want to get as much done as possible in the allotted time, and units per work hour is a factor for me. If I'm there, I want to be productive. If I were hourly, or wasn't the owner, I might not be as interested. But with the s*** year we've had I've been behind as f*** for freaking MONTHS, and now I am finally starting to be able to catch up. Actually going to be able to do Christmas for my kid and my wife, which is a relief. Praise God, I was worried it was gonna be a bare tree this year.

Bare trees are not fun but sometimes necessary. My wife and I were scraping the bottom once when we were living in Kansas.
I lost my job and we decided to get the kids one gift and we weren't going to give each other anything. We didn't even have a tree. I had to pawn all of my guns just to survive.

It was Christmas Eve and after looking for a job all day I happened by the local hardware store and saw a big green Christmas tree on clearance. I went in and explained I could only give them half of what they wanted and that was going to be the last of my money. They gave me the tree. I thanked the manager and wished him a Merry Christmas! I took it home and when I drove up and took it into the house the kid's faces were beaming! We went to church, then spent all evening coming up with toys and spoons and pieces of paper to tie onto the tree. It was a game with the kids, it was relationship building for us.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bare trees are not fun but sometimes necessary. My wife and I were scraping the bottom once when we were living in Kansas.
I lost my job and we decided to get the kids one gift and we weren't going to give each other anything. We didn't even have a tree. I had to pawn all of my guns just to survive.

It was Christmas Eve and after looking for a job all day I happened by the local hardware store and saw a big green Christmas tree on clearance. I went in and explained I could only give them half of what they wanted and that was going to be the last of my money. They gave me the tree. I thanked the manager and wished him a Merry Christmas! I took it home and when I drove up and took it into the house the kid's faces were beaming! We went to church, then spent all evening coming up with toys and spoons and pieces of paper to tie onto the tree. It was a game with the kids, it was relationship building for us.

I went thru something similar. My first husband left me with 2 and a half kids when the doctors thought I had ovarian cancer during my 3rd pregnancy. Took everything we owned, emptied out the bank accounts and moved back to Arkansas. I checked out of the hospital, took my 2 kids that were on the ground and moved into the trashiest single-wide you've ever seen. Had a heater in it. Also had a whole in the living room wall big enough my 3-year-old could crawl thru it. It was the dead of winter and my landlord's (who was also a relative) solution was to stuff a rolled up blanket in the whole and call it good).

I bought a package of green construction paper, a thing of Scotch tape and a big package of stick-on bows. I made tree outta the construction paper and taped it to the wall in the living room and let the kids decorate it with the bows. Put their presents under the tree. They got mostly clothes but thankfully they were young enough that opening packages was the thing that they enjoyed the most. What was in them was secondary. Well except for the last package -- which was a storage tub filled with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Boy Howdy!! Lol You would have thought they'd hit the Mother Lode. Lol

When we talk about Christmases past the boys' all say that Christmas was their favorite. I find it interesting, to say the least, because that Christmas I felt like a complete, utter failure.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finding this picture on page 416 ( or close to that page) of the Meme thread tonight at 11:30pm. I thought I had come up with it first.lol
ventriloquist.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, oddly enough nearly all my restaurant dollars go to "people of color". Mexicans mostly, some Indians and Thai folks as well.
They seem to be doing what white Americans used to do - work hard, take care of their families. (and they seem to define "family" in the normal way)

Wasn't a situation of irritating me, but rather, to bolster my confidence in mankind to be able to show goodness.

We went to Golden Corral for lunch recently and ended up at a table next to a WWII vet eating alone. Two or three of the young lady "servers" there went up to him and gave him hugs. One or two even went over and dished up what he apparently normally got on his own and took the food over to him.

We thanked him for his service, and I mentioned that it looked like the ladies sure did take good care of him. He was beaming when he praised their actions.

While not related, they all certainly still seemed to be "family."

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't a situation of irritating me, but rather, to bolster my confidence in mankind to be able to show goodness.

We went to Golden Corral for lunch recently and ended up at a table next to a WWII vet eating alone. Two or three of the young lady "servers" there went up to him and gave him hugs. One or two even went over and dished up what he apparently normally got on his own and took the food over to him.

We thanked him for his service, and I mentioned that it looked like the ladies sure did take good care of him. He was beaming when he praised their actions.

While not related, they all certainly still seemed to be "family."

That's good!
Which side did he fight for?

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a letter from my bank, they are going to start charging $2/month to keep getting a paper statement for my checking account. Last month the interest paid to me was $2.11, So I'll net $0.11

Latest posts

Top Bottom