what powder are you needing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They raised the Hazmat fee to $28.50 now. It's only worth purchasing online when you can combine ay least 3 kegs. Then the the prices are typically comparable to what you can find locally. In the case of the 1680, its all I bought because it is so rare and they didn't have anything else I needed.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to find some Varget, accurate 1680 and Hodgdon 4198.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in awhile. I got lucky and a buddy found me some Accurate 1680 this weekend at the show. It cost more than it should have but at least I have some to try out those .300 blackout sub loads.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Powder is coming back. I've seen lots of being in stock for a day or two on Powder valley. I'm currently caught up with my minimum stock.

That's good to hear. I haven't really looked in the past two months but a different buddy was able to pick up several pounds of Varget for a good price last month.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Powder is coming back. I've seen lots of being in stock for a day or two on Powder valley. I'm currently caught up with my minimum stock.

I think that's only because PV finally put on purchase limits. Granted they are pretty generous like 16lbs of any given powder but they didn't used to do that. Can't count the posts I used to see saying "I got 24lbs of this, 16lbs of that, and 12lbs of xxx!"

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that's only because PV finally put on purchase limits. Granted they are pretty generous like 16lbs of any given powder but they didn't used to do that. Can't count the posts I used to see saying "I got 24lbs of this, 16lbs of that, and 12lbs of xxx!"

Must be on facebook or something. I don't do that.

IMR powders are on there pretty regular now. I hate their new system.

Back in the day they used computers with DOS to do their orders. I could walk up to the counter and ask if they had any XXX powder and if it was in stock walk away with it.

Now they have "upgraded" to some POS system that only allows a 3 day pre-order.
Last week I was up there to pick up an order and saw on their website they had xxxx powder in stock. Even though I was standing in the store, and their inventory showed it was in stock, I couldn't walk out the door with it for three more days. That's silly.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Must be on facebook or something. I don't do that.

IMR powders are on there pretty regular now. I hate their new system.

Back in the day they used computers with DOS to do their orders. I could walk up to the counter and ask if they had any XXX powder and if it was in stock walk away with it.

Now they have "upgraded" to some POS system that only allows a 3 day pre-order.
Last week I was up there to pick up an order and saw on their website they had xxxx powder in stock. Even though I was standing in the store, and their inventory showed it was in stock, I couldn't walk out the door with it for three more days. That's silly.

Yeah, I have some friends up there, and went to go check 'em out once; no dice. Can't sell anything in person on the spot.

And I hate how everything is going through facebook. I've been on facebook since the beginning, but it's just drama and ads now. But it's pretty much the only way some people communicate, which really irks me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom