What release do you recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a compound bow and want to buy a mechanical release. Which one do you use? Pros/cons. I'm knew to the archery game but not new to hunting. I plan on getting some practice before going out this season but need to properly outfit the used bow I picked up. Any tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tru Ball makes a really good release that isn't as high as some of the expensive ones. I prefer the ones with wrist strap and trigger you squeeze/pull with your trigger finger. The wrist strap allows it to fold back outta the way so you can climb ladder stands, use binoculars etc. without dropping or misplacing the release.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good info.

I'm also finding out I need to got H&H or other archery retailer and get measured to ensure my bow is properly adjusted and I get the right length of arrows. Any other info I need to be aware of before I try and shoot this thing?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scott caliper release with the belt buckle strap, not the velcro. Scott's are some of the best on the market. The belt buckle is quieter and lets you strap it to the same exact place every time.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tru Ball makes a really good release that isn't as high as some of the expensive ones. I prefer the ones with wrist strap and trigger you squeeze/pull with your trigger finger. The wrist strap allows it to fold back outta the way so you can climb ladder stands, use binoculars etc. without dropping or misplacing the release.

+1 on Tru Ball. I'd recommend getting one that will strap over the wrist part of your cold weather gloves as well.

MSFoster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot a tru ball beast and I love it it has the adjustable barrel type connection and not the ncs strap. My bro in law shoots the scott silverhorn with the ncs strap and he raves about it. I really like these hook style releases beacause you can hookup to your dloop faster and quieter when in the woods and you get a super smooth release. I would advise to get one of these two brands they are both excellent quality and affordability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom