What Stage is the US IN?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Stage is the USA AT?

• From bondage to spiritual faith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • From spiritual faith to great courage

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • From courage to liberty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • From liberty to abundance

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • From abundance to complacency

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • From complacency to apathy

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • From apathy to dependence

Votes: 44 62.9%
  • From dependence back into bondage

Votes: 16 22.9%

• Total voters

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are we there yet? What stage and why?

The list is derived from various sources that claim a guy named Alexander Tyler came up with the stages of a democracy and claimed the average democracy lasted 200 years or so.

No one can prove any such person ever existed but IMO the list pretty much cover the cultural stages a republic or democratic type government/nation will proceed thru.

FWIW I believe that the USA is in the apathy stage and being quickly driven into the dependence stage by our dear leader. I will note that I believe that the 1st steps into dependence began during FDR's administration. That said near the end of his admin the USA was just entering the abundance stage.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is clear that Americans are very dependent these days. Most people don't want to work for what they have. They just want it given to them. And this is what our fearless leader loves. Obama wants people to be dependent on the government. That way the government owns them. They will do whatever the government says to keep the checks rolling in. And don't forget the food stamps.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Americans are all very apathetic right now. If something does not affect people personally, then they dont worry about it. And those are the ones who are not the dependent yet too.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say 15% trying to move back toward liberty, 50% apathetic and moving toward dependence, 30% already dependent, and 5% waiting in the bushes for the train to derail.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The list is derived from various sources that claim a guy named Alexander Tyler came up with the stages of a democracy and claimed the average democracy lasted 200 years or so.

No one can prove any such person ever existed but IMO the list pretty much cover the cultural stages a republic or democratic type government/nation will proceed thru.
You're talking about Alexander Fraser Tytler, a Scot who did exist, and who did write about democracy. What is in question is whether or not he invented that sequence. It appears to be attributable to someone else entirely, and was first recorded in 1943, some 130 years after Tytler's death.

At any rate, I don't see how that "Fatal Sequence" even comes close to fitting American History, so I'm gonna go with "none of the above."

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're talking about Alexander Fraser Tytler, a Scot who did exist, and who did write about democracy. What is in question is whether or not he invented that sequence. It appears to be attributable to someone else entirely, and was first recorded in 1943, some 130 years after Tytler's death.

At any rate, I don't see how that "Fatal Sequence" even comes close to fitting American History, so I'm gonna go with "none of the above."

Really? I suggest then that you are just not paying attention.

From bondage to spiritual faith: Pre Revolutionary war Declaration of Independence considered.

From spiritual faith to great courage: Declaration of Independence - war with England

From courage to liberty: Victory and freedom the road to abundance opens

From liberty to abundance: Long period of liberty coupled with abundance thru 1929

From abundance to complacency: FDR and the New deal - beginnings of dependence and complacency mixed with periodic periods of abundance thru 2006

From complacency to apathy: Complacency complete and becomes relatively common among the masses. There are those that remain concerned and want liberty back but apathy becomes the norm for the masses by the middle of the 1st decade of the 21st century

From apathy to dependence: The election of the obamanation heralds the full scale thrust by the government to make the population of the US dependent

From dependence back into bondage: Full dependency leads to loss of all freedoms in the USA at some point in the future

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact that I disagree with an assertion as incredibly vague as the Fatal Sequence does not mean that I'm not paying attention.

Lots of people here think the US is a terrible place and getting worse, does no good to disagree.

They have their own kool-aid. It's a different color, but kool-aid nontheless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom