What state would you pick to hunt for a monster Mullie buck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Was that buck a NT?? A fairly nice NT? The Muzzy Buck?

And for when the question gets asked..... The state was all for shooting them on the place. The nature conservancy is responsible for putting the brakes on it.

Wasn't NT, pretty sure they drew FC the first year though, hopefully he'll put up some pics.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of interesting post which leaves me with a lot to consider. Maybe I can twist this around and tell the wife, I can't afford Mexico, maybe a nice guided out of state hunt is needed. Then I'll be able to kill that huge mule deer buck and scratch it off my bucket list. NW New Mexico isnt that far of drive either.. But I do have family in Wyoming and Idaho, may need to visit some lost kinfolk as I know some of them hunt.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will need to draw a NM tag is the only catch. Unless you are hunting on private land in a unit that allows over the counter private land tags. My suggestion would be to start putting in for a unit in Colorado that requires 4 points or so and put in for NM in the meantime. That way you are guaranteed to draw a pretty decent unit in 4 years and could possibly draw tags in NM while aquiring points in CO.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
You will need to draw a NM tag is the only catch. Unless you are hunting on private land in a unit that allows over the counter private land tags. My suggestion would be to start putting in for a unit in Colorado that requires 4 points or so and put in for NM in the meantime. That way you are guaranteed to draw a pretty decent unit in 4 years and could possibly draw tags in NM while squiring points in CO.

On year number 3 this year I think and for elk as well.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd pick Wyoming out of those two. Idaho is good in certain areas, but the wolves have been hell on the deer and elk herds out there.

Your absolutely right on the wolves, just watched a show about it....wildlife biologist was calling it zero survival referring to the explosion in the wolf population and the extreme reduction in the mule deer and elk herds in Idaho, Utah, and Montana....and soon to be headed towards any other State that has a soon to be extinct sustainable population of those animals, including Moose in those states as well. On the bright side, Wildearth Guardians reports that the wolf population in the US is safe for now and growing! Thank God they say! We made a difference..... Fkn MORONS.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Your absolutely right on the wolves, just watched a show about it....wildlife biologist was calling it zero survival referring to the explosion in the wolf population and the extreme reduction in the mule deer and elk herds in Idaho, Utah, and Montana....and soon to be headed towards any other State that has a soon to be extinct sustainable population of those animals, including Moose in those states as well. On the bright side, Wildearth Guardians reports that the wolf population in the US is safe for now and growing! Thank God they say! We made a difference..... Fkn MORONS.

I visit with a couple of guys regularly on a trapping forum from MN and they've got a wolf problems as well. Trapping them looks pretty interesting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom