What temp are you keeping your AC right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My unit that we installed new in 2008 finally could not keep up with the 100 degree heat we had this week. Had me worried. I called my favorite HVAC dude and he put 3 pounds in it. Kinda sucks because it shouldn't leak at all. He told me Lennox has a class action suit for slow leaking systems. I'll be happy if I can get a few more years out of it with just charging it every now and then. You HVAC guys: Am I crazy for thinking that?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My unit that we installed new in 2008 finally could not keep up with the 100 degree heat we had this week. Had me worried. I called my favorite HVAC dude and he put 3 pounds in it. Kinda sucks because it shouldn't leak at all. He told me Lennox has a class action suit for slow leaking systems. I'll be happy if I can get a few more years out of it with just charging it every now and then. You HVAC guys: Am I crazy for thinking that?

you need to fix leak .. class action claim could pay for new evap coil ..
https://www.evaporatorcoillawsuit.com/Landing.aspx
https://www.evaporatorcoillawsuit.com/Home.aspx

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a small 3br house, built in 2014. We keep ours between 69-72. Our electric bill is $150 or so in the summer. I do not sleep well with temps over 75 in the summer or winter.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha! My wife wants it cold in the bedroom so stat is set at 64. In the living areas we keep stat at 68-69( we have 2 zones) In the winter bedroom windows are always open at night! Total electric house last 2 months bill has been around $275 a month - that includes pool pump that runs 24/7 and hot tub also have 2 electric hot water tanks.

cinco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3b/2ba. 73 during day. 71 at night. I do use a 24" floor fan and ceiling fans for additional circulation. I average around $125/mo during summer.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My thermostat is programmed to be at 72 at night (after 7:00 pm) and at 9:00 am the next morning it adjusts up to 85 since no one is home. I dont need to cool an empty house and it cools off fast in the evening. When I get home about 6:30-7:00 its never over 81-82 inside then I go outside and work in the yard or shop and at 7:00 the thermostat returns to 77 and then at 10:00 pm it sets to 72 for bedtime. My last electric bill was $70 and my house is 1700' with 10' ceilings. In a hot Aug. the elec. bill is usually $170-$190.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
75-76 during the day, 72 at night. I deal with heat much better than cold.

tRidiot, if you build your own place, use an ERV. It can control the pressure in your house, which will stop your HVAC unit from pulling it below outside ambient. That causes hot outside air to seep in from every possible place. The ERV stops that. Good A/C, ERV, good insulation can make an insane difference.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prior to my old unit being replace last month we did 76 day and night. With the new high efficiency unit we had installed last month we now keep it 72 day and night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom