What the heck???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the tail was very long and very bushy, it could be a cacomistle. The name translates into someting like "half-mountain lion" because of its feline looks, but it is actually of the racoon family and therefore nocturnal. It looks a cougar cub from a distance, and moves much like a cat. They are infrequently seen around the Wichita Mtns, where their long tail and catlike movements often lead them to be described as a cougar cub.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the tail was very long and very bushy, it could be a cacomistle. The name translates into someting like "half-mountain lion" because of its feline looks, but it is actually of the racoon family and therefore nocturnal. It looks a cougar cub from a distance, and moves much like a cat. They are infrequently seen around the Wichita Mtns, where their long tail and catlike movements often lead them to be described as a cougar cub.

Nope the tail was long but sleek like a house cat. Folks many, many moons ago I used to work for Carson And Barnes Circus, I have also been around more then a few with the animal rescues. I do know a big cat when I see one and this was a cat of some kind. Fairly sure that it was a cross between a bobcat and a domestic. The way it acted I feel it was somebodies pet at one time, and no if I ever see it again I am not grabbing it or killing it. If it wants to come to me, I will let it, but I will have protection on hand just in case.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RickN said:
Nope the tail was long but sleek like a house cat. Folks many, many moons ago I used to work for Carson And Barnes Circus, I have also been around more then a few with the animal rescues. I do know a big cat when I see one and this was a cat of some kind. Fairly sure that it was a cross between a bobcat and a domestic. The way it acted I feel it was somebodies pet at one time, and no if I ever see it again I am not grabbing it or killing it. If it wants to come to me,[BOLD] I will let it, but I will have protection on hand just in case.[/BOLD]

What are you gonna do screw it? I couldn't resist lol.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm thinking an Ocelot. We had one stalking our property in Texas.
[Broken External Image]

Another possibility would be a jaguarundi. They can be black, gray, brown, tan, or even reddish in color. Different colorations on the face and dark and light spots are common. They look very otter-like and long tail and short legs.
cdn1.arkive.org_media_20_20377870_7124_400D_A8B2_8A4EDA6CDF11_7e6e57a060f872a6d84bd0114630fb41.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom