What to see in San Antonio TX? (Besides Sea World, the Alamo, river walk boat ride)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys give me some ideas of things to see or do while with the family in San Antonio. I have Sea World, the Alamo, and a boat ride along the river walk on my list so far...

Where is the best place to eat?

centraloklahoma

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We ate at different places along the river walk when me and my wife went. One good place to visit is the Japanese Garden. It's free and very beautiful. We skipped the Alamo when we went down but hit Sea World the second day we went.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
there are several missions you can check out there is even a few outside of town if you like that kind of history, also if you like avocados and you have never had a stuffed avocado you need to find a place that has them and try one.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What age are the kids? My family loves the Witte Mueseum and if you look them up online they have a free evening deal that is great. My favorite Mexican food is at Rosario's but Mi Tierra is a good one too with a little more tourist flare. The Cove restaraunt is fun if your kids are little older.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot depends on you and your family. Food? Sky's the limit, +1 on Rosario's and Mi Tiera. Plenty of good Tex Mex as well. Look up "SACurrent" for the equivalent to OKC's Gazette news rag.
Music- Gruene Hall, Floore's store, Blanco cafe, St. Mary's street and others for a great night out. Natural Bridge caverns was a surprisingly interesting trip. Take the slow roads around Canyon lake or even up to Enchanted Rock SP. Expect to drive around a bunch.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The missions of San Antonio, if you like zoo's San Antonio has a good one. The Schlitterbahn is in New Braunfels 20 or 30 minutes up the road. San Marcos has Aquarena springs, it used to be a theme park but is now owned by the university and has glass bottom boat tours still. There is also Natural Bridges Cavern and Natural Bridges wild life park.

Of the 3 parks at the Bahn, the original park that utilizes the river itself was our favorite. The water coasters and stuff at the other 2 were cool but we just liked the original the best.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly my favorite thing to do would be just get in the car and drive north. Up to Luckebach, grab a beer. Maybe up to Fredericksburg. Over to Driftwood if you have time to catch some barbecue.

That depends on how much your kids would let you get away with. I know penning them up for car can be either great or terrible, depending on the kids.

Latest posts

Top Bottom