what would be the point of being the average plinker? :-)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
of course I seek to be extraordinary. anybody can be the average lop. Little kids can learn to be slowfire accurate. So of course I chose the type of shooting that might really mean something one day. I"ve had to point a gun at a man several times in my life. Each time, they stopped their attack and fled. That is usually the case in successful armed defense, or the Nra's Armed citizen column would be a lot harder to accumulate and print. :-) Even when the bad guy is cornered and facing 10+ years in a horrible prison, 6 out of 7 surrender, rather than shoot it out (cirillo's unit stopped almost 280 armed robberies in mid-stream, only 40 guys shot it out with them.

Often, Jim and his partner could not tell for sure if a robbery was taking place. They'd be in a back room, looking at the back of a guy at the counter/register. So Jim would saunter out, with his hand in his pocket on his Colt .38 snub, acting like he was just another emplyee, or another customer. If he saw a weapon, he'd scream "POLICE", ,and draw. The robber would often turn towards Jim, gun in hand, perhaps not intending to fire, but Jim coudn't take the chance. So he'd fire, and so would his partner. :-) AS a civilian, it will cost you 50-500k to stay out of prison and "un-sued" if you shoot somebody. So what you'd better do is let them flee. you can neither shoot nor intimidate anyone with a gun that you dont have in hand and noticed by the attacker. Ergo, ccw fast draw is of paramount importance.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Using a suppressed scoped AR15, with a trigger job and match ammo, with a 12 yo girl who'd never shot anything in her life, it took me just half a day to have her reliably hitting 18"x24" steel gong at 1/4 mile, from prone with bipod. She started with the suppressed .22 unit, at a 50 ft paper target, quickly showed that she could group into sub 1". Then I removed the suppressor, gave her the earmuffs, and she did just as well. Then I backed us off to 100 yds, she grouped the .22 into 4" or so. I showed her about the bullet drop, dispersion, etc. Then we moved back into the 50 ft mark, re-installed the suppressor and she did just fine with 223, so we backed off to 100 yds, got her groups centered a bit high. Then moved to 200 yds, she was grouping about 5", got the final zero and she started hitting the 1/4 mile torso. I didn't let on that she was a better shot than most men, who'd been shooting all their lives. :-)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like plinking.. some like to play poker some people like shopping and some like drag racing, do it because you like to do it.

I like quick plinking also,, kind of like a drag race. see how fast you can take out all targets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom