What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We've been hunting most evenings for dove as we just love the process. Sometimes we come up with two or three, sometimes we limit.

Today we had an interesting event happen. While brush popping, we managed to scare up a Pheasant! We had never seen a pheasant on this property in all the years we've hunted it. Luckily, neither of us took a shot, BUT: What would happen should one of us had taken a hasty shot and drop a bird thats not in seasonn? What would you do? we were out there to Dove hunt and had 6 in the bag..'

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same thing that would happen if hunting hogs or coyotes in March and i was scanning a field with my scoped rifle and a deer came into my sights.. just look and enjoy it.
Especially would not shoot something i had not seen in an area even if in season.. leave it alone and you may get many many more in a few years.

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
same thing that would happen if hunting hogs or coyotes in march and i was scanning a field with my scoped rifle and a deer came into my sights.. Just look and enjoy it.
Especially would not shoot something i had not seen in an area even if in season.. Leave it alone and you may get many many more in a few years.

this^^^^^^^^

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why would I want to eliminate what may be the best and only chance I have in getting them established on my place.

I'm realizing that as a steward of the land, that I think different than most you guys. Maybe this is why many of my neighbors who are also in agriculture do not lease to hunters.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was a hen, I would try and buy a rooster next spring if she was still around. Maybe I could get a pheasant population started.

Kinda confused why the question was asked. Almost seems as it was shot or shot at and you are asking what should we do now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom