What would you have done? If the Cop or the Father?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't at all blame the dad for feeling enraged, as if I were in that situation I would probably be overcome by many emotions, but that doesn't mean you always have the right to act on those emotions. Comparing this to the guy who accidentally killed the pervert touching his daughter isn't a fair comparison. That pervert was intentionally trying to hurt her and the dad wasn't intending to kill him. So, I have to side with the cop on this one. If the story is accurate, it appears the only wrong-doing is on the father. Potential wrong-doings, actually, because like asked, why was the little girl outside of the restaurant with the 18 year old?

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think its completely different from the the situation in Texas. There he was stoping and active attack. Here, the danger, the accident, had passed, so there was no justifiable use of force.

I can an understand the dads emotions, but it was his poor decision to act on those emotions that got him killed.

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tough call, IF the cousin had not joined in, would the officer been able to "hold off" the attacks being injured from the accident? why did the cousin not try to pull the dad away and break up the fight? was alcohol/drugs involved on either side? No doubt in my mind the cop is not wrong but i think this is one of those times where, no one can be right, just wrong and more wrong.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tough call, IF the cousin had not joined in, would the officer been able to "hold off" the attacks being injured from the accident? why did the cousin not try to pull the dad away and break up the fight? was alcohol/drugs involved on either side? No doubt in my mind the cop is not wrong but i think this is one of those times where, no one can be right, just wrong and more wrong.
Disagree. Tending to the girl= right. Being an @$$clown and attacking the rider that played his bike down to keep from killing the girl that YOU weren't watching = way wrong. Shooting ONE of the attackers putting the boots to you when you're already injured = correct. The "father" failed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom