Whatever happened to . . . ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To answer the OP's question, I think the guns were forced out so that the poorest of folks could not get anything to use. I know, I have heard it before to just save an extra $100 and get a lot better quality gun, but for some people that just wont happen.

I will admit I own a hi point C9 and a jennings j-22. They were both bought for a purpose and for that they serve great.

The HP 9mm is just a tackle box gun, no one who has ever picked up one of these will argue they are not heavy, bulky and have a tiny safety that I would never be happy with a round in the chamber, but having it in my box and a worm crawling on it making it look bad is no worry to me. :) $119 new.

The J-22 was used when I was trapping, many years ago. I was never worried about needing it in a gun fight, just needed a shot to put down some pesky critters to keep them from biting. If I had lost it in the creek then I was out a whopping $49 new, so I had little stress over it getting lost in the mud.

Oddly when my daughter started shooting the J-22 fit her hands very well. She got to where she could dump the mag and reload to a point it was scary, the mag release is a joke. But she had fun with it and due to the times it would jam she learned to clear them rather well. That has been a blessing most do not see.

I still have both guns and the HP will feed anything I want to stick in it, that really set of a fella who had paid just over $1,200 for a fancy 9 mm that I will not name that will only feed fmj rounds. :)

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
all it takes, to save $120, is donate plasma for 2 weeks. The HP22 Phoenix is $120 and is 10x the gun any RG22 ever was, for a fact. when you have such a gun, you are just kidding yourself about having a gun. You've got "enough gun" to get you sent to prison, but not enough gun to save your life. So why bother to own one?

Latest posts

Top Bottom