What's really required to convert a .40 Glock to a 9mm Glock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lone Wolf claims that you don't have to change any other part, other than mags for their .40 to 9mm conversion barrels. KKM conversions are supposedly the same way.

I have no experience with either for 40-9.

That is correct.

I have a G27 with the Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel. The only thing I changed was the barrel and the magazines. I have never had a jam using the conversion barrel and in fact it is more accurate than the stock .40 barrel.

I got the 2 port extended barrel. I use it so I can shoot the cheaper 9mm at the range. I always carry with it "factory" original.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he was saying that the .40 mags will work for 9mm shooting if you're just at the range.

Woah - really? That's pretty cool, but G17 mags aren't that expensive.

I want to shoot this thing a lot (but just at the range). I probably wouldn't use it in a match or class, but I do shoot my guns a lot (which when combined with my laziness and lack of time to reload - explains the need for 9mm over .40).

Thanks for all the input, I figured a LWD barrel was in my future if I wanted to keep this thing, so that's probably what I'll do.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Woah - really? That's pretty cool, but G17 mags aren't that expensive.

I want to shoot this thing a lot (but just at the range). I probably wouldn't use it in a match or class, but I do shoot my guns a lot (which when combined with my laziness and lack of time to reload - explains the need for 9mm over .40).

Thanks for all the input, I figured a LWD barrel was in my future if I wanted to keep this thing, so that's probably what I'll do.

summit gun sometimes has great deals on glock mags.