What's the best compact 9mm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since you said compact, that leaves out the kahrs, keltec and ruger copies.
Are Your looking for a compact version of the full size gun( G26/27) or a pocket carry gun(kahr pm/cw)?
Best compact 9 would be either h&k p2sk or G26.
Many variables that you need to narrow down like size, round count, ambi mag release, ambi slide release, safety, hammer, striker fired, 1/2 dozen safeties...

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome I'll be looking around this weekend and yeah peanut I'm looking at pocket 9mm's also hopefully I'll find a new one this weekend anyone have any issues with the db9 or the kel-tec p11?

I had a P11, and it was the only gun I lost money on when I got rid of it. I traded it in on Crikett rifle, and never looked back. Stiff, long gritty trigger, felt cheaply made to me, just didn't like the gun. Didn't have any misfires on it, but I only ran about 100 rounds through it before I got rid of it.

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on if you're wanting a gun that you'll enjoy shooting at the range or if you only want to put about 15-20 rounds through it per range trip. I had the PF9 until I shot it and realized how hard it is to hold on to. I've carried my XDM9c in my pocket on occasion. It's almost too heavy for that, but the SR9C I had was perfect for that and shot beautifully. Again, like others have said, go try out a few and find the one that fits YOU.