Whats the deal with OSBI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My "sources" tell me that they are a bit understaffed. Plus, there have been several months of record numbers of applications. Take a look at the information as to the number of background checks for firearm purchases and figure that a fair percentage of those are new buyers, and perhaps also likely to apply for CCW.

Color me unfazed by their "troubles". It's state law and they should have to do what they have to in order to comply.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Color me unfazed by their "troubles". It's state law and they should have to do what they have to in order to comply.

Kinda' like the IRS who said they flagged conservative groups because they were short on employees, and that was a way to speed up the process.
Meanwhile they used money that was alloted to them to hire more employees to spend on entertainment at conventions.
I'd be willing to guess that OSBI could pull some people in to speed this up.

Maybe they could use convicts to enter the data, just as other state agencies do.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, there's no way that could possibly go wrong. Just make sure you use the ones who were convicted of cybercrimes, because we already know they're really good at computers... :D

Yep, my ex-wife's adoption papers were entered into the system by a convict who recognized her name from school.
He contacted her adoptive mother, and sent her on a goosechase as a joke to claim some inheritance money from the ex's supposedly deceased biological mother.
But it's okay, the state said they were sorry, and that wasn't supposed to happen.
We felt better after that.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you confirmed whatdate they received the app? Some agencies don't always mail them in a timely manner. If they've had it for 90 days or more, contact your state rep and request assistance. At 90 days they're required to issue or deny by law.

I have contacted them twice, so has my buddy.
the second time I emailed them with no reply. That was last week.

If they have exceeded their statutory time limit, write a friendly letter to the Director of OSBI and copy the Chief of the Licensing Unit, your State Rep, and your State Senator. Explain that it has been more than the permissible time to approve or deny your application and that you are willing to provide any additional information they might need to finalize processing your application. It works. Believe me.

The law is the law and that door doesn't just swing one way.

OSU_Chris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad was waiting on his and had not seen anything from them. Sent an email and they said he had felony charges in Garfield County. Turns out is was someone with the same first and last name. Nice to know we are paying them $100 to look on OSCN.NET. OSBI made him get a certified letter saying it wasn't him.

Like I have been saying OSBI is as useful as a poop flavored lollipop.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Got a reply email today from OSBI. It said " your application was approved, you should be reviving your permit in 2-3 weeks".
Really? Do they send it pony express?

Latest posts

Top Bottom