Whats up in D.C. Today? Just this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea but it is getting very freaking old.

Thats true, and it is even older for we who have been paying attention to it for a long time. However, now its getting old for a much larger group of people, and they are speaking up. It gives me hope that its not a lost cause just yet.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One idiot showed up with a confederate flag and now the lefty media is trying to paint the whole protest as racist.

That along with Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin showing up...gives the media plenty of material to dismiss the protest (of course even if there wasn't material, they'd manufacture it).

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this posted elsewhere (it's unsourced but was posted by someone I trust):
I have worked in the government on and off for 40 years. During that time I became quite familiar with requisitions, bidding, awarding contracts etc. It is a time consuming process with bean-counters and pencil-necked bureaucrats every step of the way. The simplest request takes months not days or hours.
In less than 8 hours of the shutdown, miraculously, professionally printed 3X4 foot signs appeared all over the country in the tens of thousands saying-“this [park, facility, etc. with custom logos] closed due to government shutdown. There has not been a government shutdown in 17 years. These signs were designed, specifications were determined, signs were then requisitioned, bids were posted and vetted, government contracts were awarded. The materials were then ordered and the signs manufactured then distributed U.S. Mails or freight companies.

This shutdown was orchestrated and planned well in advance at least 6-8 month ago. Millions of tax dollars were appropriated and spent in this process. There is a paper trail a mile long leading directly to the White House.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, small purchases (under $2K) can be done in 5 minutes with little to no approval required.

I could draw the sign up in power point, email it to a "signs in an hour" joint, pay with my government purchase card and have them before lunch today. I could email the same file to a crew on the other side of the country and they can get the same signs, with the same purchase card, in the same amount of time.

I make purchases like that nearly every single day.

I have no doubt that elements of this shutdown have been planned and contrived...but the smoking gun isn't hiding in this rabbit hole.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My ancestors had the good sense to try to get out from under this federal government a long time ago. Who are the idiots again?

I call him an idiot because now days the confederate flag is a symbol of racism to the left and showing up at this kind of rally with one is just asking for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom