Whats up in D.C. Today? Just this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "Barrycades" are being put back up today using steel wire, not tie wraps . What kind of person would it take to order this? And Why? we know the answer

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, small purchases (under $2K) can be done in 5 minutes with little to no approval required.

I could draw the sign up in power point, email it to a "signs in an hour" joint, pay with my government purchase card and have them before lunch today. I could email the same file to a crew on the other side of the country and they can get the same signs, with the same purchase card, in the same amount of time.

I make purchases like that nearly every single day.

I have no doubt that elements of this shutdown have been planned and contrived...but the smoking gun isn't hiding in this rabbit hole.

Man, I am down right glad you know everything so well!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I am down right glad you know everything so well!

I know right? You are so fortunate to have me.

(of course I do NOT know everything so well. There are plenty of topics I don't claim to have intimate knowledge about and generally stay out of...but if you are going to run up conspiracy flags that deal with the realm of government, .gov purchasing, and the military, well then I will chime in.)

As for the Confederate flag...just look how the very mention of it threw this thread off course. Individual feelings about the lost glory of the South aside, WTF does the C.S.A. have to do with a veteran's march to take back shut down U.S. war memorials?
Were there some C.S.A. vets in the crowd storming the Civil War memorial or something?

Palin, Cruz, AND the Confederate flag detract and distract from the message which is, or should have been, a simple "you have gone to far by shutting down these memorials and we, the veterans, will not allow it". (Stating that is not the same as denouncing Palin, Cruz or the stars and bars.)

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Palin, Cruz, AND the Confederate flag detract and distract from the message which is, or should have been, a simple "you have gone to far by shutting down these memorials and we will not allow it". (Stating that is not the same as denouncing Palin, Cruz or the stars and bars.)
Yeah, the closest thing we had to Yankees in my family at the time were up here in the Nations, and I'm proud of that heritage, but carrying a Confederate flag to that event just gives the media an excuse to write it off as a bunch of nut-jobs, thanks to the useless loads of bloody loonies who've previously besmirched that flag.

Of course, if he'd carried the Stars and Bars, none of the news babblers would've known what it was. They only know the CSA Naval Ensign and Battle Flag--not many people recognize the real Stars and Bars...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I am talking about. A fund raising e-mail sent out by the Democratic Party today.

Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:18 PM
To:
Subject: BREAKING:

BREAKING: Tea Party protestors wave Confederate flag at White House, tell Obama to “put the Quran down”

Did you see this?

At today’s rally led by Senator Ted Cruz, Tea Party activists marched to the White House with Confederate flags. It’s simply appalling.

Sign our petition immediately demanding Ted Cruz and Tea Party Congressmen denounce these heinous acts>>>

This wasn’t just an isolated incident.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I am talking about. A fund raising e-mail sent out by the Democratic Party today.

OMG!!!!
The Democratic party is issuing emails bashing the Tea Party??? This concerns me as much as the SPLC branding a shooting group a "hate group".
I guess if you still think "playing nice" and not being "offensive" will win you some brownie points, have at it.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OMG!!!!
The Democratic party is issuing emails bashing the Tea Party??? This concerns me as much as the SPLC branding a shooting group a "hate group".
I guess if you still think "playing nice" and not being "offensive" will win you some brownie points, have at it.

See SMS's post right above yours.
we spoon fed them juicy ammunition
There is a difference between "playing nice" and playing stupid. Neither works but one gives your enemies something to use against you when talking to the low information voters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom