Wearing Crocs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you explain this further because it makes no sense to me. Most people who get shin splints do a lot of running daily and are quite active. Don't see how your feet being dorsiflexed,, especially with the minimal degree the Hokas keep your feet in can cause shin splints. In fact, not having good or having minimal dorsiflex in your feet can cause a ton of problems walking, running. The only thing with the Hokas possibly causing shin splints is that people really like them because of their thick comfortable soles. THey put them on and and if feels great. Especially bigger, heavier people may not have the correct support and start to get pronated feet which can cause shin splints. I' a bigger guy and love my soft soles on my athletic shoes but I must have the most stability to keep my feet from pronating.
When standing for long periods, the weight of your body is on your heels. The coushiony soles of hokas will sink causing Dorsiflextion. Especially if youre a bigger boy. As to why it causes shin splints, I dont know. My wife, who is a Phys Therapist, told me this when I wanted to try a pair. She and I have a pair of Bondis but we only wears them for walking.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up another pair this morning at TradeHome Shoes in Penn Square Mall. Hoka Bondi 8 in size 11 4E!

I love em! No more feet pain.

IMG_9710.jpeg

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you explain this further because it makes no sense to me. Most people who get shin splints do a lot of running daily and are quite active. Don't see how your feet being dorsiflexed,, especially with the minimal degree the Hokas keep your feet in can cause shin splints. In fact, not having good or having minimal dorsiflex in your feet can cause a ton of problems walking, running. The only thing with the Hokas possibly causing shin splints is that people really like them because of their thick comfortable soles. THey put them on and and if feels great. Especially bigger, heavier people may not have the correct support and start to get pronated feet which can cause shin splints. I' a bigger guy and love my soft soles on my athletic shoes but I must have the most stability to keep my feet from pronating.
The super soft Dr. Scholl's inserts are like this, they don't give enough support for me. They are squishy almost.
Dr. Scholl's has two other types that aren't as soft but give more arch support.
I like them a lot better.
One kind says they are "knee pain orthotics" and the other kind says they're for "heavy duty" support.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive had a DVT in both legs, one led to a PE the size of a hot dog wiener, had five drs in my room trying to figure why was still alive.
they saved my ass and I dont know how but I was supposed to die, I have no doubt.
Some days I wish I had.
Now I have swelling, Redness and dry skin on my ankles and feet.
FML.
But I'm alive so yay me
No clue what any of them thar letters mean.

Latest posts

Top Bottom